Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happens to BTEA at the end of a course?

Options
  • 21-04-2013 8:34pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

I am on BTEA and am about to complete a FETAC level 5 course. I went on to BTEA having been on invalidity pension. I want to go to university and do a level 8 degree in September. What will happen to my BTEA in the meantime? Do I go back on to invalidity for the summer? Or will social welfare write to me and ask me what I'm planning on doing? If I get an offer of a place in July do I reapply for BTEA then? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

You will get a letter in the post asking you to go in to let them know what your plans are.

During the summer you will go back on your previous payment and then go back on BTEA in september again if you continue your studies.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

Thanks for replying so quickly. Go in where? My BTEA payment is handled by the Invalidity Section in Longford, I've never had any dealings with my local office. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

WildRosie wrote: »
    Thanks for replying so quickly. Go in where? My BTEA payment is handled by the Invalidity Section in Longford, I've never had any dealings with my local office. Thanks.

Sorry I do not have any experience with that payment but I would assume its your local office or you may have to send a form back to longford.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 first year 2010

HI, I was also wondering what happens when you finish a degree. i was entitled to disability allowance before I started and continued on that for three years. I was wondering do I automatically return to disability allowance or do I have to reapply?. I got a letter from BTEA and they wanted me to state i was finishing education.

Advertisement