Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

keystone jack

Options
  • 21-04-2013 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,374 ✭✭✭

Where in Galway would be the best place to get a couple of Cat5E keystone jacks and faceplates?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

I've never got those from them (only CAT5 cable I think) but call CT Electric, Sean Mulvoy Road - 091 745 300 - they might supply.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,374 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Anyone suggest a good online source in Ireland or UK?

The majority of searches return mostly US sites?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Xantia

Try www.woodcomm.ie
    wood communications in long mile road dublin
    I dont rep them just I got some stuff from them in the past

I'm amazed at the lack of suppliers for standalone Keystone Jacks & surface mount boxes. I can't find anyone outside the U.S. and the particular items I'm after they won't ship to Ireland. One user has them on eBay but their shipping is ridiculous not to mention the possibility of extra customs charges at the door.

I was in all of the local trade suppliers today and other than the standard shuttered faceplate & back box they never heard of what I'm after when I showed them pictures.

This is what I'm after

Keystone Surface Mount Box - Single Port

KeystoneSurfaceMountBoxSinglePort-CableSupply_zps17262faf.jpg

SinglePortKeystoneSurfaceMountBox_zps58fadca9.jpg

Single Keystone Jack

SingleKeystoneJack_zpsfc9445d7.jpg

• Advertisement

MBSnr wrote: »

Thanks for that link MBSnr & I see they have a single jack too.

My only issues with this option is the quality of those is slightly less than the ones I'm after according to reviews & the price is way off the scale.

I'm after 10 boxes and 10 jacks which works out @ Approx 70Eur delivered from Screwfix whereas the USA ones (which I've used in the past & was very happy with every aspect of them) offer free US delivery and come in @ $33 (Approx 25Eur).

What I really need is an American cousin with Paypal :D

Thanks for that link MBSnr & I see they have a single jack too.

My only issues with this option is the quality of those is slightly less than the ones I'm after according to reviews & the price is way off the scale.

I'm after 10 boxes and 10 jacks which works out @ Approx 70Eur delivered from Screwfix whereas the USA ones (which I've used in the past & was very happy with every aspect of them) offer free US delivery and come in @ $33 (Approx 25Eur).

What I really need is an American cousin with Paypal :D

Yeah bit pricey for the quantity I guess. You could use ParcelMotel and get them to you that way, saving £15 on delivery. 1st two stays in ParcelMotel are free!

Actually I never even thought of ParcelMotel...

Pity they don't have International as an option.

Appreciate your suggestions MBSnr ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭legrand

maybe a bit late but you could try Anixter. They usually just deal with Trade but they may be able to sort you out.
    http://www.anixter.com/emea/euc/en/products/communications/copper-cabling-infrastructure.html

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Mockba

You can get these from Techpart in Limerick,061 603974.
    IBISB1OW is the part number. or techpart.ie

• Advertisement
Advertisement