Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert- Mature Student- Questions????

Options
  • 21-04-2013 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi guys

just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction.
    I left school early and didnt complete my leaving cert and i'm looking to do so now.
    I am currently working and i'm wondering what are my options ie. part time/ full time and is there any financial support if i had to leave work to complete it?

I'm looking at doing as least 5 subjects!

And I'm living in Galway and 20++ if that makes a difference

Cheers:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭shawki

mims_lally wrote: »
    Hi guys

just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction.
    I left school early and didnt complete my leaving cert and i'm looking to do so now.
    I am currently working and i'm wondering what are my options ie. part time/ full time and is there any financial support if i had to leave work to complete it?

I'm looking at doing as least 5 subjects!

And I'm living in Galway and 20++ if that makes a difference

Cheers:D

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/back_to_education/back_to_education_allowance.html#la82be

I know your working but you only have to be on social welfare for 3 months to get BTEA, weekly payments for the duration of the course

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,159 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Contact your local VEC Adult Education Officer.

Advertisement