Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 way mixing valve

Options
  • 21-04-2013 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭

I am setting up my wood gasification boiler and one question I would like to ask is where should the circulating pump be positioned in relation to 3 way mixing valve. The pump is on flow pipe and I was going to put it before mixing valve but I have seen some with after mixer any reasoning on the position.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

Usually after the mixing valve as this would be the circuit that needs circulating. If it was before the valve once the required mixing temperature was achieved the hot port would close and kill circulation.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭zoom_cool

The mixing valve is a manual one so it won't close unless I close it thanks for your post jonniek

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

zoom_cool wrote: »
    The mixing valve is a manual one so it won't close unless I close it thanks for your post jonniek

You manually set the mixed water temp but it will still close when that is achieved.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭zoom_cool

Thanks

Advertisement