Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

a few seconds of claim to fame.

Options
  • 20-04-2013 3:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭

i've noticed that some people who had a few seconds of fame in the star wars movies are turning up at conventions as guests.
    is their few seconds of fame actually worth it or are they jumping on the bandwagon?

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I guess that because SW fans are so obsessive they get away with it. Who wouldn't love to meet Wedge or Porkins.

I don't actually think other franchises have the same type of behaviour. For example i dont think anyone who had a two episode arch on Buffy would be seen at a convention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭doubletrouble?

i googled the guy that played porkins and he died in 2005.
    now as for denis lawson a.k.a. wedge he's appearing in collectormania in milton keynes. i was torn between the one i'm attending in burnley and seeing denis lawson in milton keynes. the only thing that won it for burnley is david prowse.
    there will be 10 actors from the saga there but only 2 of these would be main players. heres my example of claim to fame. one of these only had about 30 seconds of footage at most and i'd say if you added up the minutes on screen between the other 8 it would come to less than 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Mickalus

One thing about that though, is that although the character may have only had 30 seconds in the movies, they may be a lot more detailed via Books, Cartoons, Graphic Novels etc.

A lot of characters have a huge amount of detail in the expanded universe, so I can definitely see the attraction of getting a chance to meet the person that played the character for 30 seconds on screen because of all the extra detail they were given elsewhere.

Advertisement