Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mucked up climate.

Options
  • 20-04-2013 3:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭

Today I let a wasp, yes a wasp out of the upstairs room. Don't know where it came from where it was going to, just thought what the hell, it's April and a dam cold April at that. Is this result of Global warming, a confused wasp?

What out of the ordinary things have you seen which made you think the whole world is out of sync?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Hate those feckers in their jaunty little benetton numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

They camp out in houses over winter and wake up to wreak havoc about now. Sneaky little feckers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭bacon n eggs

They camp out in houses over winter and wake up to wreak havoc about now. Sneaky little feckers

I thought they didn't usually appear till September.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I thought they didn't usually appear till September.

September is when the workers start to die off. They know they're doomed so they're extra stingy. It's the queens that you see in spring.

well everyday a learning one eh...so if I had of killed the fe cker today instead of opening the window there would have been a whole lot less in September, dam it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Casillas

Don't kill the bees, they serve an important function.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Ask Mark Lawrenson he seems to be an expert on bees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭Gorilla Rising

More bees. Less house tax!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

Today I let a wasp, yes a wasp out of the upstairs room. Don't know where it came from where it was going to, just thought what the hell, it's April and a dam cold April at that. Is this result of Global warming, a confused wasp?

What out of the ordinary things have you seen which made you think the whole world is out of sync?

what kind of a policeman do you call yourself ffs, get your act together :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

Casillas wrote: »
    Don't kill the bees, they serve an important function.

but by all means castrate wasps, they dont, ****s :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Man City 10

What you mean ''cold april''
    Here in Limerick it has been roasting for the past few days :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,282 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

I'm terrified of wasps for no reason. Punch them to stun them, then stamp on the ****ers.

What you mean ''cold april''
    Here in Limerick it has been roasting for the past few days

Ten degrees here today for 20th April tis dam cold

[what kind of a policeman do you call yourself ffs, get your act together /QUOTE]

I'm a policeman ..since when ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

[what kind of a policeman do you call yourself ffs, get your act together /QUOTE]

I'm a policeman ..since when ?

You're passing out parade.

wow ...do I get a gun and cuffs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭bradlente

kylith wrote: »
    They camp out in houses over winter and wake up to wreak havoc about now. Sneaky little feckers.

Camp Bastard's,With their frilly little jumper's and antennae.

Wasp's out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

He/she was probably hibernating in the curtain in the room and got woken up(maybe because you had the heating on and he thought it was summer?).

Re: Global Warming. If the earth is getting warmer why are our summers still as cold as wet as 30 years ago but our winters are colder?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

This is in fact when wasps emerge. It's normally April-May so there's nothing unusual happening at all.

wow ...do I get a gun and cuffs?

Policeman not a stripogram.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,148 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

syklops wrote: »

Re: Global Warming. If the earth is getting warmer why are our summers still as cold as wet as 30 years ago but our winters are colder?

Climate is not the same thing as irish weather. Last few summers are among the warmest on record in global terms afaik.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Climate is not the same thing as irish weather. Last few summers are among the warmest on record in global terms afaik.

Im not getting into a global warming argument discussion.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,148 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

syklops wrote: »
    Im not getting into a global warming argument discussion.

Me neither. I was just pointing out your mistake. :)

afaik means you're guessing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

The buds aren't even on the trees here yet. Thought its a bit odd as we're into summer in over a week's time.

kneemos wrote: »
    afaik means you're guessing.

No it means I'm pretty sure I read that they were but am open to correction.

Edit: apologies, it was warmest years not summers i should have said. 2012 and 2010 both in top ten: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instrumental_temperature_record

Me neither. I was just pointing out your mistake. :)

Mustn't rise to it, mustn't rise to it, mustn't rise to it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

A huge bee flew into the kitchen window today, so loud I jumped! he was the size of a €2 coin!!

A huge bee flew into the kitchen window today, so loud I jumped! he was the size of a €2 coin!!

Wow they are very rare!!!

I've not seen a 2 euro coin in ages!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

A drunk queen bee banged into me as i was putting the key into my front door last week. Gave me a fright i hadn't been expecting them out this early.

Advertisement