Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When writing a history book?

Options
  • 19-04-2013 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I want to write my very first history book. Not going to say what it is on as I want to keep it 'under wraps' but just want tips on style of writing (I prefer
    popular myself), layout and economics of publishing a book (I know you have to pay for copywright fees, photograph's and indexing).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

This forum might be of some help: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=382

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭enfield

If its on WW1 PM me.
    Cheers.
    Tom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭GRMA

You may have to self publish... insist on an index please many places wont want to have one as it costs more to print the extra pages

• Registered Users Posts: 17 thenewmanIII

...another question...could one sell bound soft-copies of there book and make money from it. Do you need something 'legal' that says you can collect money for these bound soft copies?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭jonniebgood1

Good call by jd.
    Thread moved to creative writing where someone may be able to help you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement