Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

-is this gaming pc good?-

Options
  • 19-04-2013 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

hi thinking about putting this budget gaming pc together please tell me what yous think and what changes if needed should i do?

AMD athlon II x3 450
    AMD radeon HD 7750 1GB
    4GB RAM
    Msi-970A motherboard
    Corsair vs serie VS350
    Prodigy case (red)

TOTAL: 330.12 EURO

(Would this run dayz)
    cheers,karl

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

For an extra 35-40 euro you should be able to get an X4 965, which would be much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Which prodigy case exactly? The Bitfenix?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 karl500

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

karl500 wrote: »
    yes

That MB won't fit in the Prodigy. You'll need a mini ITX MB.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

The x4 is cheaper than the x3.

http://www.hardwareversand.de/Socket+AM3/37141/AMD+Athlon+II+X4+640+Box+AM3.article

Bit crazy spending a big chunk of your budget on the case but that pc should run dayz ok.

You will need a matx board for that case as well.

http://www.hardwareversand.de/DDR3/59301/ASRock+960GM+U3S3+FX%2C+Sockel+AM3%2B%2C+mATX.article

Why is there no good am3 matx boards on hwvs? They all look cheap and this is the only 1 with any sata 3's.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 514 ✭✭✭RUSTEDCORE

Those tri cores can be unlocked to a quad core with most motherboards these days simply by ticking core unlocker.

A 3.2 ghz unlocked quad is better than a 2.9 stock quad so I buy the tri,s at times.

Google AMD core unlocking for more info
    and google how to unlock your specific one and you,ll get a youtube vid.

Also 4GB ram is enough I know of very little things that use more without maxxing out other hardware first but 8GB is not much more usually and try get a high frequency ram as thats what separates 4gb ram on a 5 year old laptop and 4GB in a gaming pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

What Power supply you buying OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Just to clear something up, Uncle Sam has it right, you need an ITX board, not ATX, and not mATX.

Those tri cores can be unlocked to a quad core with most motherboards these days simply by ticking core unlocker.

A 3.2 ghz unlocked quad is better than a 2.9 stock quad so I buy the tri,s at times.

Google AMD core unlocking for more info
    and google how to unlock your specific one and you,ll get a youtube vid.

Also 4GB ram is enough I know of very little things that use more without maxxing out other hardware first but 8GB is not much more usually and try get a high frequency ram as thats what separates 4gb ram on a 5 year old laptop and 4GB in a gaming pc.

They can but not all of them will. This is why they sell them in the first place. It improves yields on the x4's and makes the dud's useful. The majority will still work but not all. Why would you get the x3 when the x4 is cheaper when there is a chance, however small, that the 4th core won't work? The clock speed is easier to change with no risk.
    Just to clear something up, Uncle Sam has it right, you need an ITX board, not ATX, and not mATX.

Derp why do I keep thinking it's matx.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

BloodBath wrote: »
    Derp why do I keep thinking it's matx.

Damn thing's big enough for it.

• Advertisement

ok so ill get a diffrent case any ideas somthing budget but looks cool?

could somebody please write out my list again and change what you think the pc would run better with and try keep it in the 350-400 range?
    cheers

I was looking at the wrong x3 sorry. The prices aren't the same. It could be worth it if you can unlock it. It's a pity they stopped stocking that lower speed phenom 2 x4. There's a gap between the athlon x4 and phenom x4 now.

You need to keep this to one post dude. I think this is the 3rd or 4th separate post . It's hard to keep track of. With low budgets you're better off pumping as much of it as you can into the hardware. I'd cheap out on the case. The zalman is decent looking considering the price.

600.jpg

Item|Price
    AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Box, Sockel AM3|€89.00
    Zalman T2 Mini Tower - schwarz, ohne Netzteil|€18.53
    ASRock 960GM/U3S3 FX, Sockel AM3+, mATX|€48.87
    Sapphire Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition, 1GB GDDR5, lite Retail|€102.33
    4GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile schwarz PC3-12800U CL9-9-9-24|€29.12
    WD Caviar Blue 1TB 6Gb's|€58.66
    Corsair VS Serie VS350, Non-Modular, 80+|€28.89
    ARCTIC COOLING ARCTIC F12|€3.18
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€397.57

would this run dayz on med/high settings?

Yes.

Advertisement