Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lions could go extinct in the wild in 10-20 years

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Hollzy

That's awful :( I was just watching a documentary about lions on RTE2 earlier today. They're such magnificent animals... I'm playing that YouTube video on repeat as we speak!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

Hollzy wrote: »
    That's awful :( I was just watching a documentary about lions on RTE2 earlier today. They're such magnificent animals... I'm playing that YouTube video on repeat as we speak!

I don't think youtube works that way
    The data analytic tool will filter out for unique views especially if their is $$$ involved.

Read the description of the video :P
    Watch The Last Lions trailer - and make a difference for lions! For every trailer viewing on YouTube, National Geographic will contribute $.10* to lion and big cat conservation in Botswana. Watch as many times as you want, and share with your friends and family. Let's get to 1 million views together!

I've also shared it on my own Facebook profile and on the zoology society profile of my college and it's been shared in turn by other people and a lot of my friends have watched it. I'm on my laptop constantly at the moment, studying for exams, so I might as well use my procrastination time wisely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

Hollzy wrote: »
    Read the description of the video :P

I've also shared it on my own Facebook profile and on the zoology society profile of my college and it's been shared in turn by other people and a lot of my friends have watched it. I'm on my laptop constantly at the moment, studying for exams, so I might as well use my procrastination time wisely!

Nat Geo are cheating so
    also in descirption
    * Contribution maximum is $100,000. For more information on National Geographic's conservation efforts all over the globe, go to causeanuproar.com.

So they have already ear-marked a sum the video is just marketing really TBH

I am not an expert on youtube I uploaded a couple of home-movies recently
    more as an experiment than anything else
    The view count of one movie is 120
    Yet on the data analytic tool it is 70
    That because I have viewed it 50 times ( its a short video and and I was messing with it a lot at start just experimenting)
    this tool is the one that would be used by Advertisers and so on

So that means that view count on youtube video that appears on Main screen is a fraud and can be manipulated ???!?

Yeah, but you can't blame them for having a limit to how much they'll donate. At the end of the day, they have to make money to keep the magazine and tv channel going! Of course it's marketing. It's good press for them but it's still money going to a good cause.

I think this thread is becoming a little off topic. On that note, I found another good article.
    http://www.mmegi.bw/index.php?sid=1&aid=701&dir=2013/April/Friday19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Wrote about it on my site/facebook etc. It's not much but hopefully a few extra pennies toward conservation.

http://www.krank.ie/category/main/help-save-the-last-lions/

Every little helps! Very well written; short and sweet!

Advertisement