Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACA vs ACCA-advice?

Options
  • 19-04-2013 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,437 ✭✭✭✭

Hello,

I know this subject has been (being?) asked about before, so apologies about that.
    I will be sitting CAP1 exams this may, and then CAP2 and FAE. When I finish and fully qualify will I have an ACA or ACCA?
    And whats the difference?

Thanks alot

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

Hello,

I know this subject has been (being?) asked about before, so apologies about that.
    I will be sitting CAP1 exams this may, and then CAP2 and FAE. When I finish and fully qualify will I have an ACA or ACCA?
    And whats the difference?

Thanks alot

are you serious when you ask this question?? like really?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Hello,

Actualy, pretty sure this is the fiirst time this has ever been asked. Says alot about ACA's :P

BTW, to answer your question - there's a hint above :)

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Prettyblack

smcgiff wrote: »
    Says alot about ACA's :P

And you a mod!

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ants09

Actualy, pretty sure this is the fiirst time this has ever been asked. Says alot about ACA's :P

BTW, to answer your question - there's a hint above :)
    And you a mod!

And because he's a mod i assume he's not allowed to have a opinion or express his view on a topic ?

;)
    ants09 wrote: »
    And because he's a mod i assume he's not allowed to have a opinion or express his view on a topic ?

Well not exactly, but saying "that says a lot about ACAs" shows a certain attitude towards ACAs, which could be taken to be biased against them. As a moderator he shouldn't make these kind of incorrect assumptions.

Just because someone enrolled in ACA and doesn't really understand what they are doing, doesn't mean ALL ACAs are like that.

The fact he added the smiley face after his comment doesn't really make it right, although I know it was a joke. And I guess it is funny.

• Advertisement

It was a joke - we didn't get humor bypasses when we became mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭SBWife

No, that comes with the accountancy qualification!

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ants09

Your a mod omg shame on you being a mod :pac::pac::pac:
    SBWife wrote: »
    No, that comes with the accountancy qualification!

Na i lost my soh learning accounting and it returned learning auditing :P

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Aurellia

Is the OP actually asking a serious question or taking the Pi$$?
    Look at the fancy white plastic pen you got last sept ! Thats a clue !

• Registered Users Posts: 16,437 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

EDIT: Unfortunately I am not taking the piss. Here's hoping I will make a good accountant!!

Anyway, I was unable to find what qualification you end up with. I searched through the website to no avail. Maybe I am as stupid as you all think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭SBWife

ACA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Im doing aca and id recommend acca. It is way more recognised. Dont have as much stress of all exams at once and no fear that if big four pull out ur qualification will be basically worthless

Im doing aca and id recommend acca. It is way more recognised. Dont have as much stress of all exams at once and no fear that if big four pull out ur qualification will be basically worthless

Now that's the funniest thing on this thread!

Is there the merest hint of a crack of a smile there. Perhaps we're not all doomed after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Why? It is more recognised outside Ireland? And if the big four companies pulled out putting there trainees through Aca would they survive where would there income come from? Genuinely. And u can do one Acca exam at a time? Why is that funny?

Why? It is more recognised outside Ireland? And if the big four companies pulled out putting there trainees through Aca would they survive where would there income come from? Genuinely. And u can do one Acca exam at a time? Why is that funny?

I'm not getting your point re the big four pulling out? Not that there's any likelihood of that happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Nesie

ACA and ACCA are both well recognised but they are different. Internationally ACA has the better reputation but if you want to move to the US you should do CPA. Just wanted to put that out there:-)

Nesie wrote: »
    ACA and ACCA are both well recognised but they are different. Internationally ACA has the better reputation but if you want to move to the US you should do CPA. Just wanted to put that out there:-)

The level of misunderstanding about qualifications and their recognition is astounding.

Nesie wrote: »

Wrong. The equivalent to ACA in the USA is "CPA" - but it is not the same as our CPA. It is just the designation they use. In fact (and I looked this up) ACA have an agreement with CPA US that allows their members join automatically.

Now, how many ACCAs does it take to change a lightbulb?

A: "Do we have to do it all at once?"

:)

Now, how many ACCAs does it take to change a lightbulb?

A: "Do we have to do it all at once?"

:)

Re humour Prettyblack... Baby steps! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 headhoncho1

In practice: ACA is generally better regarded (IMO), and seen as more difficult, althought ACCA is perfectly acceptable.

In industry: If people even know that either of them exist, no one realises they're different things.

Advertisement