Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supermacs: Staff picked food off the floor and tried to serve me

Options
  • 19-04-2013 12:15pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭

Has this happened to anyone.

Staff member dropped the box of chicken on the floor in front of grill, bent down picked it up and moved away. Another staff member came over with a bag and 1st staff person but the food into a bag. They passed the food to the superV and she went to serve me the meal. I explained what had happened was refunded and left without the food.

I phoned the head office and they wanted to know what the issue was. I explained that the staff tried serving it to me after it fell on the floor, head office had no issue as I didn't accept the food.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Did the chicken fall out onto the floor?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Ring Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Your first mistake was deciding on heading into Supermacs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

3 second rule

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

"I love supermacs and the quality of there food"

Said no one ever

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

I for one believe this really happened

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

where did you go instead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Ahh sure it's grand, head into Supermacs after 2am and most people are eating of the floor. No harm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

iDave wrote: »
    3 second rule
    I almost had to go to the 6 second rule once...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Why did the chicken not walk away or attempt to fly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Ah, sure give it here. I'll ate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭SNORBEAST

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭BGozIE

mmmm...floor pie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Has this happened to anyone.

I phoned the head office and they wanted to know what the issue was. I explained that the staff tried serving it to me after it fell on the floor, head office had no issue as I didn't accept the food.

No, this hasn't happened to anyone because not only do they have strict procedures in place for these types of occurences (it gets written down as wastage), but certainly the Supervisor would've taken your concerns seriously, because front desk aren't the only people on camera, they have behind the counter on camera too, and definitely without a doubt, Head Office would've taken your complaint seriously.

Your made up story however, makes for a tasty and tempting litigation with a side of defamation against a business in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

Fúcking love a dirty, greasy Snackbox there from time-to-time.

Way better than KFC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

i know where I am going for lunch now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭wesf

Was in Supermacs in Longford one evening. Ordered a burger, was watching the lad behind the counter. He put the burger on, picked up a load of rubbish and bet it down into a bin and came back to put lettuce etc on the burger, all while wearing the same plastic gloves. Never set foot in the place since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Yuck, Supermacs. For culchies and the badly dressed. Same thing really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭SNORBEAST

Tasty and tempting food at Supermacs.................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Clean meat never fattened the pig op

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Having worked there for a few years, this does not surprise me at all. What surprises me is how blatant they are about it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 478 ✭✭Stella Virgo

why did the chicken cross the road floor...........

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

i <3 snackbox

if its any consolation, i'd say that the food itself would be more harmful to your health than any germs it picked up off the floor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

Sergeant wrote: »
    Fúcking love a dirty, greasy Snackbox there from time-to-time.

Way better than KFC.

And at least it's chicken that super macs serve

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

Czarcasm wrote: »
    No, this hasn't happened to anyone because not only do they have strict procedures in place for these types of occurences (it gets written down as wastage), but certainly the Supervisor would've taken your concerns seriously, because front desk aren't the only people on camera, they have behind the counter on camera too, and definitely without a doubt, Head Office would've taken your complaint seriously.

Your made up story however, makes for a tasty and tempting litigation with a side of defamation against a business in Ireland.

Pat mcdonnagh is that you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

I doubt they would pick it up off the floor rather than taking different chicken from the cabinet (which is generally dropped in 16-24 pieces at a time) and then getting fresh chips which is generally dropped two baskets at a time, so plenty of both.

grill areas are usually in the back of the kitchen in supermac's restaurants while the chicken cabinet and the chip-dump are out the front by the tills. so unless he/she filled your snackbox at the chip-dump and then decided for some reason to take a stroll to the back of the kitchen box in hand; where they dropped it and picked it up I'm gonna have to call a poor troll attempt on this. besides the fact that supermacs are very strict about food safety, hygiene and the H.A.C.P.P system the staff are actually for the most part decent human beings who would never dream of picking food up off of the floor and handing it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

I doubt they would pick it up off the floor rather than taking different chicken from the cabinet (which is generally dropped in 16-24 pieces at a time) and then getting fresh chips which is generally dropped two baskets at a time, so plenty of both.

grill areas are usually in the back of the kitchen in supermac's restaurants while the chicken cabinet and the chip-dump are out the front by the tills. so unless he/she filled your snackbox at the chip-dump and then decided for some reason to take a stroll to the back of the kitchen box in hand; where they dropped it and picked it up I'm gonna have to call a poor troll attempt on this. besides the fact that supermacs are very strict about food safety, hygiene and the H.A.C.P.P system the staff are actually for the most part decent human beings who would never dream of picking food up off of the floor and handing it out.

Shur if it was still in the box then what's the harm??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

How strict they are on hygiene and HACCP really depends on the store and the staff. In the busier stores, chicken is generally dropped at 36 pieces a time, and 4 or more baskets of chips at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I'm locking this as anecdotal evidence won't protect against a defamation suit.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement