Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dundrum to Naas - Friday Traffic

Options
  • 19-04-2013 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭

Hi,

Looking for a bit of advice. What is the best way to get from Dundrum to Naas on a Friday evening if leaving Dundrum around 5:30pm.

I usually just go up the M50 to the Red cow roundabout and head on the main road there out past Newlands Cross, Citywest etc. As I'm sure people are aware, traffic around the redcow roundabout etc. is extremely slow on a Friday evening.

Any other options?
    What about taking the turn off for Tallaght and heading out the main road before turning off for Saggart? Would this be quicker.

Appreciate any help..

Thanks in advance,
    Volvic12

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

I used to do UCD - Naas via Dundrum a fair bit at the time and there's no quicker way than what you've described TBH. N81 / Belgard Road will be even more choked up. My advice would be to have a coffee or something for an hour and leave Dundrum at 6:30 instead - you should hit the Red Cow around 6:45 and traffic should be a lot better at that time assuming no bad weather / accidents etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Volvic12

Thanks for the reply. Appreciated.

Ya, in the past I have often waited it out but for the next few Fridays, I have to been home as quick as I can. Leaving today around 5:30 - guess it's the Red Cow roundabout for me unless anyone else has any suggestions/shortcuts??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Syllabus

Maybe avoid the n7 newlands cross altogether and head down the n4 turning off at maynooth or kilkock and take the back roads???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,821 ✭✭✭budhabob

Junction 11 Tallaght, and out through Saggart. Although there are more traffic lights, traffic tends to move well, and it is much quicker then the N7. Have used it pretty much weekly for the past year.

Advertisement