Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire Alarm Category

Options
  • 19-04-2013 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all, new user to boards so hoping i am posting in the right area, Just wondering if anyone knows what type of fire alarm system would be adequate for a scout den? Type L1, L2 or L3? Is type L1 overkill for a hall that will only be used for overnights 4 or 5 times a year? I was reading up on L2 and this looks adequate? The hall will be used by kids approximately 10hours a week.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

well something like a scouts hall, it may not take much more to make it L1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 shamlad70

Thanks for reply, would you recommend going with L1? is there much difference in cost?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

if you had a layout drawing pop it on, you will still need all the main critical risk areas covered, the call points and the sounders. It is possible if this is not a large building with many rooms that we could be talking about additional some detectors, also you will need to get back on and ceiling voids, i.e. the areas above false ceiling that are greater than 800mm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Every void, corridor, room and attic has to be covered with an L1. It is designed to detect fire at the earliest possible time.

Cost depends on the individual premises and the amount if detectors, call points etc.

My advice would be to consult your local fire officer and let him/her decide which type of alarm is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭deandean

The level of alarm also depends on the type of occupants, for example if you have people with special needs (in particular, hard of hearing and/or mobility problems) this can require a higher level of fire alarm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Kildare Resident

Bit late seeing this maybe but, if it's being used for sleeping then it must be up to L1.

Advertisement