Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Account Closed - Balance Transfer

Options
  • 19-04-2013 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

Hi,

How long should it normally take BOI to transfer the balance of a closed account to the requested account? 5 working days has passed now and I have not received my balance. 

Regards,
    Martin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi mckildare,

Thanks for posting.

Are the funds being transferred to a foreign bank? This would usually take 3-5 working days. If the funds are to be paid into a domestic bank the branch would generally post the customer a draft which they would then lodge to the other bank account. In this case the draft should be received within a few days, depending on the post.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭mckildare

Hi mckildare,

Thanks for posting.

Are the funds being transferred to a foreign bank? This would usually take 3-5 working days. If the funds are to be paid into a domestic bank the branch would generally post the customer a draft which they would then lodge to the other bank account. In this case the draft should be received within a few days, depending on the post.

Thanks
    Tara
    Hi Tara,

It is a domestic bank so I should be waiting for a draft then. I supplied my branch with the account details to forward the balance into, will they still issue a draft?

Thanks
    Martin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭daheff

Why do BOI not transfer the funds to the new account by EFT? This would be done on a next day basis.

Is it because BOI want to hold onto the funds for a longer period of time than is necessary?

Hi All,

It would be at the discretion of the branch itself if they do an EFT or issue a draft.

Martin you would be best to contact the branch directly to clarify this with them as it does appear in your case that they may be doing an EFT.

Thanks for posting.
    Tara

Hi Tara,

The EFT came through on Monday thankfully. Now all I need to sort out is the closure of my credit card account. I am waiting for a call back from the Current Account people (not credit card services) since Wednesday 17th as there was an unidentified transfer of funds into my credit card just as the account was closed :confused:  Do you have the ability to track down a progress report on this issue?

Thanks
    Martin

• Advertisement

Hi Martin,

If you would like to send us a pm with your full name, branch name and your contact phone number we'd be more than happy to look into this for you. Can you also please clarify, is it your branch you are expecting a call back from?

Thanks
    Tara

Hi Martin,

If you would like to send us a pm with your full name, branch name and your contact phone number we'd be more than happy to look into this for you. Can you also please clarify, is it your branch you are expecting a call back from?

Thanks
    Tara
    Hi Tara,

Ok I'll send a PM, I don't think it's the branch. The guy I spoke to said it would have to be sent up to head office to be figured out or something along those lines.

Thanks
    Martin

Hi Martin,

We've received your pm, thank you. We've requested that a representative from the Credit Card department has a look into this and contacts you with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks
    Tara

Hi Martin,

We've received your pm, thank you. We've requested that a representative from the Credit Card department has a look into this and contacts you with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks
    Tara
    Hi Tara,

As I said above, I am waiting on the call from whoever deals with Current Accounts. Credit Card services already told me that because the unknown transfer came from my Current Account, it is the Curent Account people that are responsible for sorting it out. Please advise the Credit Card department not to contact me only to tell me to ring the branch and choose option 5, then option 4 again. If they have resolved the issue then fire away!

Thanks
    Martin

Hi Martin,

As we don't have access to specific account details here, we have to refer this to the department the product belongs to. In this case, as you are unsure of who contacted you, we have to refer it to the Credit Card Team first. There is a specific account closures team within Credit Card Services and they will investigate this further for you.

Thanks
    Tara

• Advertisement

Hi Martin,

As we don't have access to specific account details here, we have to refer this to the department the product belongs to. In this case, as you are unsure of who contacted you, we have to refer it to the Credit Card Team first. There is a specific account closures team within Credit Card Services and they will investigate this further for you.

Thanks
    Tara
    Hi Tara,

Can you ask someone from the Credit Card Team to call me whenever possible. I would like confirmation that this issue is solved and all accounts are closed (I can still see my credit card on 365 Online for some reason!)

Thanks
    Martin

Hi Martin,

I have requested that a representative from the Credit Card Team contacts you to confirm this. 

A credit card, even when closed, remains on your profile until you ask Banking365 to remove it. Once you have confirmation from the Credit Card Team that it has been closed, you could send a Secure Message on 365Online to request it is removed from your profile. Just to make you aware, if you no longer have any other accounts with BOI, once this is removed you will no longer be able to access 365Online.

Thanks
    Tara

Hi Martin,

I have requested that a representative from the Credit Card Team contacts you to confirm this. 

A credit card, even when closed, remains on your profile until you ask Banking365 to remove it. Once you have confirmation from the Credit Card Team that it has been closed, you could send a Secure Message on 365Online to request it is removed from your profile. Just to make you aware, if you no longer have any other accounts with BOI, once this is removed you will no longer be able to access 365Online.

Thanks
    Tara
    Hi Tara,

Thanks for arranging the call. Yes I have transferred all my accounts now so I no longer need access to 365 Online.

Regards,
    Martin

Hi Martin,

You're more than welcome. If there's anything we can help with in the future, you know where we are.

Thanks
    Tara

Hi Tara,

My 365Online access has finally been dealt with thanks, my final issue is to get a Stamp Duty paid cert. My credit card account has been closed for about a month now with still no sign of it. I have received the "sorry you closed your account" letter and I think 2 final statements. Can you please arrange Credit Card Services to call me again to confirm this letter has been issued.

Thanks
    Martin

Hi Martin,

We are happy to hear your online query has now been resolved. 

I've requested a call from the Credit Card Team for you. As they are experiencing an extremely high volume of calls at the moment they may not be able to get in touch today however, it would be tomorrow at the very latest. They have also advised that the certificate is only issued upon request and not automatically when a credit card is closed.

Thanks and if we can help with anything else in the future, please let us know.
    Tara

Advertisement