Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony PS3 Slim Console with 12GB Hard Drive reduced in Argos

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

for some reason I can only read that in the voice of Dr Nick Riviera

The "Hi Everybody" was edited out to make me look the fool!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 RobbieRolex

Be advised as my friend found out, this 12gb slim PS3 does NOT have a harddrive installed, it uses internal flash memory, if you want to add or upgrade the harddrive in the unit you will need to also by a hdd cradle for about €20 and their like hens teeth at the moment, in addition to this once you install a harddrive the internal 12gb memory becomes unusable.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Be advised as my friend found out, this 12gb slim PS3 does NOT have a harddrive installed, it uses internal flash memory, if you want to add or upgrade the harddrive in the unit you will need to also by a hdd cradle for about €20 and their like hens teeth at the moment, in addition to this once you install a harddrive the internal 12gb memory becomes unusable.

Common knowledge, no?

Common knowledge, no?

Not for everyone, the argos description is misleading,
    "12 GB hard drive to play games, watch movies and music" and then earlier in the description, " In addition, the new PS3 with 12GB flash memory offers opportunities to experience the world of PlayStation at an affordable price point."

Not for everyone, the argos description is misleading,
    "12 GB hard drive to play games, watch movies and music" and then earlier in the description, " In addition, the new PS3 with 12GB flash memory offers opportunities to experience the world of PlayStation at an affordable price point."

You didn't honestly think there was a 12gb HD in there, did you? :pac:

• Advertisement

You didn't honestly think there was a 12gb HD in there, did you? :pac:

you have totally missed the point.

you have totally missed the point.

That anyone planning on upgrading might not realise that there is no HD in there, just 12gb of flash memory?

I think, or would hope, that anyone planning on buying with a view to upgrading would do just a tiny bit of research before buying and would be well aware of this.

I guess they don't need to now, because you've pointed it out. Job done. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Is the 12GB not enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

BostonB wrote: »
    Is the 12GB not enough?

not if you plan to have even a cursory interest in playing games.
    Psn games are often cheap and then if you buy a sub to psplus it would be advisable to upgrade to at least 500gb (I put in 1tb)

And those caddies are only a tenner or so on amazon, hen's teeth however are on sale six for a fiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

It's not work getting if you plan on using Playstation plus..most of the games are too big to download.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

Common knowledge, no?

I didn't know that. That's all that matters to me. :pac:

Is there any reason for why the 12GB flash storage stops being accessible after installing a HDD? It seems really pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

I've been wanting a Blu-ray player for sometime...and can't wait any longer.
    Might cave in and get this 2in1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

DjFlin wrote: »

Must try Flubit on that..

Advertisement