Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reaper vs Sonar LE

Options
  • 18-04-2013 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭

Hi Just a question re DAW. I got Sonar LE free with my roland interface but when I installed it on my Windows 8 computer it doesnt really seem to be very productive.

I was thinking of buying Reaper instead cause it seems to be supported in Windows 8 and not too expensive.

Are there any major drawbacks in Reaper I should know about or is anyone a really big fan? I am planning on using it to record guitar, midi & vocal - maybe some virtual drums and stuff.
    Thanks
    Fi

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭pinksoir

Reaper is fantastic. Your best bet is to go to the forum there and ask any questions you may have. For what you want it for it'll be perfect. The forum is http://forum.cockos.com and the community is great. One of many many great things about reaper is the level of support from its community.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Never used Sonar but I absolutely love Reaper and am always finding new things to play with in it, I use it for home and college stuff. I use mainly Pro Tools while in college but I actually prefer Reaper and find it easier to work with.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

You can try Reaper for free, and see if it works better than Sonar.
    It is very intuitive.

What do you mean by Sonar being "not very productive"? Is it performance related, or something else?

Advertisement