Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hopes for planet earth by 2050

Options
  • 18-04-2013 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

hey guys
    just wondering, what would be your hopes for planet earth by the year 2050?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

hey guys

How about sharing yours to get the ball rolling??

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭andreas_220D

... by the year 2050?
    I'm sure she will have survived another thousand "the end is nigh" and armageddon predictions

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭AugustusMinimus

37 years away. You'd be amazed at the changes which could be made by then.

1. A lot of farm land being returned to the wild. Only possible if synthetic food technologies come to light, which they prob will by then.

2. Nuclear Fusion / renewable technologies will mean that 90% of the energy produced on earth will be carbon neutral. Efforts to reduce the amount of carbon in the atmosphere may happen.

3. Some effort may be made to try to remove lead particulates in the atmosphere. They'll still be floating around, long after the introduction of unleaded petrol.

4. Efforts may be made to clone animals which went extinct in the past 10,000 years due to human interference.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

We will have made contact to another civilization. I'll dig this thread up in 37 years and see how we got on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

I would definitely like to see space exploration working, especially mining on asteroids, moons and Mars. Wouldn't expect a large base floating space that could hold roughly a million habitats. May see us walking on Mars for the first time and setting up a base on the Moon. A lot time for this but I think it will happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ps200306

hey guys

You'll be able to get a reliable 1 megabit internet connection anywhere in Ireland. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

An energy source that doesn't cause wars is found that is clean & very powerful.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

To promote science much more and to send man to mars (and eliminate religion) !!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

The death penalty for science fundamentalists.

Advertisement