Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sim locked Sony phone

Options
  • 18-04-2013 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

I've got my hands on an Xperia P and I applied for the NAC from Vodafone and got it but when I entered it with a non-Voda microsim, it didn't work and my phone remains locked to Vodafone.

When I go into the service menu with my active Sim in the phone it says:

[x] network 0
    [] network subset 5
    [] service provider 5
    []corporate 5

The Voda rep suggested I get in touch with Sony to get help but I was wondering about a few things before I do that:

1. If I factory reset my phone, will it allow me to re-enter the codes i.e. change the number next to network (from the options above) to 5?
    2. If I did factory reset my phone and it worked, would an update (e.g. from GB to ICS) undo it?
    3. Will any old unlocking shop be able to fix this for me or will I have to send it to Fonemenders or some other specific Sony repair place?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

[x] network 0
    [] network subset 5
    [] service provider 5
    []corporate 5

You're still network locked. You should have no x and all 0's there.

Either,
    A: the NAC you received was wrong
    B: You entered it wrong. Try again but remember you have only 5 attempts, period, for the life of the phone.

1. Nope
    2. Factory resets are within themselves. That means factory resetting .2.55 say goes back to itself "clean" not the original factory firmware.
    3.It'd be expensive probably, and if you're eligible vodafone should give you a working code.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Stormington

Cheers ED E.

I reckon she's off to a repair shop to unlock it for a few days as the codes I was given don't work and I reckon I'm locked to one network. Thanks for the response.

Advertisement