Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't Know my exam number and oral is tommorow, where can i find it?

Options
  • 18-04-2013 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

Im brickin it where can I find my exam number I dont know what it is

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,169 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Your examiner will have it on a list.

Don't worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭mossy95

spurious wrote: »
    Your examiner will have it on a list.

Don't worry.
    But for the Irish oral they ask you what your exam number is and I dont know it so ive lost some marks then

• Registered Users Posts: 7,177 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Ask the school Principal or secretary, or ask any teacher you've handed leaving cert coursework to, simples.
    Good luck with Irish oral.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,169 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

mossy95 wrote: »
    But for the Irish oral they ask you what your exam number is and I dont know it so ive lost some marks then

The examiner speaks to your group beforehand. You will get your numbers then.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Elceeney

Lie. They wont pay attention anyway.

• Advertisement

spurious wrote: »
    The examiner speaks to your group beforehand. You will get your numbers then.

She already spoke to them I was out

Wait is the CAO number the same as the exam number

She already spoke to them I was out

Your school Examinations Secretary will have the list. They will have got it from the examiner. The list may even be stuck outside the door of the interview room.
    Don't worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭woopah92

CAO is not the same number.
    Why don't you ask the person who is directly infront of you in the roll what their number is? Yours should be 1 number higher i.e. 12345
    > 12346

And anyway in my oral the number was written beside my name when I signed the sheet, just memorise it quickly or bring a pen and write it down on a sheet of paper.

I think maybe you're just nervous about the exam tomorrow and finding something to worry about, get an early night and go to school 5 mins early tomorrow morning, find your number, you'll be grand! Oh and remember to speak Irish in your Irish oral, not French like I did :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

When you go into your Oral you'll have to sign the roll. Across from where you sign is your exam number. Just use the pen provided to write it on your hand when you get in there. :)

kevin12345 wrote: »
    When you go into your Oral you'll have to sign the roll. Across from where you sign is your exam number. Just use the pen provided to write it on your hand when you get in there. :)

I cant stop sweating at the moment im quite nervous but still teh exam number is a big issue for me at them moment

I cant stop sweating at the moment im quite nervous but still teh exam number is a big issue for me at them moment

I understand that, when I get nervous I tend to focus on just one thing in order not to get overwhelmed by the bigger issue; maybe you could practice reading aloud the 5 poems the examiner will choose from, to boost your confidence for tomorrow?
    At this stage you're well able to recite the numbers in Irish so that's not the issue, and your number will be available to you so memorising it isn't the issue (yep, there really is one aspect of the LC which doesn't rely on memory!!), you're just a bit nervous like everyone else!
    It'll be all over and done with in 15 minutes, and the examiner won't try to catch you out, so try not to stress too much :)
    Rest assured, in every school in the country half the students doing orals don't know their exam number (many of them probably aren't even aware they need it!) so the teachers, principal, secretary etc will be ready, willing and able to tell you what it is in the morning and you'll be fine!
    Best of luck, it'll be over before you know it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Elceeney

They more than likely won't even ask your number and if they do just pick 6 random numbers, they honestly won't care less. Calm down and go study something instead of worrying about such a trivial thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭woopah92

Elceeney wrote: »
    They more than likely won't even ask your number and if they do just pick 6 random numbers, they honestly won't care less. Calm down and go study something instead of worrying about such a trivial thing.
    They do ask the number, it's part of the 5 required questions in the first part of the exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

Im brickin it where can I find my exam number I dont know what it is

There is nothing to worry about! its only a number , i did my french today and they already had the list of numbers beside your name because they are prepared for that i see you are doing irish though , you do need to say your number when you go in but i'm sure they still have your number anyway!its just you need to say it on the tape. I went to my secretary (you must have one) and asked her they have everyone's on file ,remember they know you are doing the exam , they don't leave these things to chance they have them all ready , go in the morning to the secretary , sorted , now go and look over the poems relax , good luck :)

Elceeney wrote: »

They're actually required to ask you your name, address, age, date of birth, and exam number. Ironically, the purpose of this part of the exam is to calm you down in preparation for the rest of the oral! Do bear in mind that this bit is worth a total of 5 marks out of the 240 marks available for the oral exam, so really really don't get your knickers in a twist over it, it's only a formality and they have your exam number anyway so even if you feic up saying the number it'll lose you a maximum of one measly mark!

Advertisement