Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Footage of trad session and dancing on train

Options
  • 18-04-2013 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭

Ive often wondered what is allowed, behaviour wise, on Irish trains.

Having been on a few hens and sing songs, etc on trains myself (in my yoof), I wondered what's the protocol for issues relating to passenger behaviour.

Do IR only get involved if there is a complaint or the risk of property damage / personal injury?

This clip was on the Journal today - trad session with instruments and set dancing on a table.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hhIoXJ_xPU&sns=em

It appears to not be discommoding any other passengers, but what happens if and when IR become aware of it, either during or after the train journey?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

During the journey he would be told to stop and take his seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,359 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Given the choice between a seisiun involving a few genuine musicians vs. a family of half-p1ssed skangers in the next carriage with a spoiled brat daughter playing pop music from a mobile phone, I know which carriage I'd be sitting in.

And the IR porter wouldn't be bothered telling either of them to keep the racket down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

It's not quite 'set dancing', I doubt the fairly robust table on a 22k set would take the combined weight of 4 couples.

I'm guessing its a large group travelling together taking up most of one coach? So long as it doesn't get messy, they don't break anything and no-one complains I doubt if its an issue.

(if I was being a party pooper, I'd quote bye law 12. 'No person, except an authorised person, shall mount or attempt to mount on any vehicle except on such part or parts as are provided for the carriage of passengers')

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Hilly Bill wrote: »
    During the journey he would be told to stop and take his seat.

By whom?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

coylemj wrote: »

And the IR porter wouldn't be bothered telling either of them to keep the racket down.

bejaysus, it's a talking Pint they has on da Railway now is it?

Trad music on the train? diddly eye,diddly eye, diddly dum,diddly diddly diddly eye diddly dum, diddly dum.(or was it CWR on that line?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭dowlingm

Might have gotten messy if the driver had to do a crash stop at 80mph while yer man was atop the table. At least someone in the aisle is more likely to fall on the floor than the back of someone's head.

(My wife works in a place which does personal injury litigation - the cautiousness rubs off on you after a few stories of what can happen when human beings collide with each other)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151644655259225

I'm not sure if I should be angry or just laugh, dancing on the train tables would probably get you booted off the train in other countries but this in Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Sligo Quay

Stinicker wrote: »
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151644655259225

I'm not sure if I should be angry or just laugh,
    Your not sure, well Im sure, you should be angry and btw what to laugh about I see nothing funny, Iv been putting up with this behavour on Waterford Killkenny trains for years, read about it here, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056894151 all a bit of craic, its probably a Waterford train, same dancer probably throw you out of his car if you danced on his car seats or his nice kitchen table and chairs at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

dowlingm wrote: »
    Might have gotten messy if the driver had to do a crash stop at 80mph while yer man was atop the table. At least someone in the aisle is more likely to fall on the floor than the back of someone's head.

(My wife works in a place which does personal injury litigation - the cautiousness rubs off on you after a few stories of what can happen when human beings collide with each other)

He should have been prosecuted for attempted vandalism.

Advertisement