Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How To Study The Chemistry Experiments?

Options
  • 18-04-2013 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

I really hate the Chemistry experiments. The definitions and theory part is grand but the experiments are so mundane. I can't really learn it off. The procedure is way too long. I'm ok with the chemicals and equations but they tend to ask procedures in the exam as well.

How do you study for the experiments? Do you learn of the whole procedure for each experiment?

And is anyone not studying for the experiments that came up in the last 3 years?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭abdul 1995

they never really ask you to repeat the whole procedure just parts, the important bits of the experiment are what you have to learn off

• Registered Users Posts: 32 robert12345

Well how are you meant to know the important parts?

For example they asked you on water (dissolved oxygen):

In making additions to the sample, why should the solutions be concentrated?

I couldn't find the answer in the book which was:

To minimise the amount of water displaced/To make sure small volume provides excess of reagents

Maybe that's just common sense but I wouldn't of known that.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭abdul 1995

yeah that always used to happen to me last year when i was doing my lc i see an answer in the marking scheme that was nowhere in the book, sorry mate cant help you with these things. but maybe use the marking scheme to study from too as well andone other usefull thing is use revision books over textbooks as textbooks are a waste of time trust me

Advertisement