Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laser card

Options
  • 18-04-2013 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭

Well always had the convince of using a local bank but that has changed in the last few months and have to go to a neighbouring town. I have a laser maestro card and was using a V card. V card with the money on it lasted only three months. Is it worth my while getting a credit card and what alternatives are there? What is the cost per usage of a credit card etc...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

are the beams red that it shoots?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

The Irish laser card is a piece of shoite. Get a debit Visa card instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Better suited in banking forum op

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

1ZRed wrote: »
    The Irish laser card is a piece of piss. Get a debit Visa card instead.

you meant shit, or are you saying its easy :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Do you not have the option of getting a debit card (Visa or whatever)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Laser is being phased out and replaced by Visa debit. There is no need for a credit card unless you have no money in your account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

IM0 wrote: »
    you meant shit, or are you saying its easy :confused:

Autocorrect is just fuking me for a laugh now I think :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Yea, Visa debit is what you need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭666irishguy

Just tell them you lost the card and they will send you out a shiny new VISA debit card because they are replacing Laser. Laser is a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Jester144

A credit card has government levy of 30 euro each year. Is there a levy for a debit card?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭marcus2000

recyclebin wrote: »
    There is no need for a credit card unless you have no money in your account.

I prefer credit card to debit card - my bank is now charging 20c per transaction and that includes all debit card transactions. If I use my credit card, you just pay the one transaction at month end, to clear the credit card.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭marcus2000

Jester144 wrote: »
    A credit card has government levy of 30 euro each year. Is there a levy for a debit card?

€2.50 per year per ATM card
    €2.50 per year per debit (Laser) card
    €5 per combined (ATM & debit) card

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭jethro081

yeah, it's a fiver. two fifty for the point of sale feature, and two fifty for atm withdrawels.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

There's a €2.50 charge annually if you use it at an ATM and another €2.50 if you use it at a till. So a maximum annual levy of €5.

Edit - Beaten to it. Twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

AIB are rolling out visa debit, they've only been at it a year as far as I can tell so give them some time. Posting stuff is hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭thesultan

so Visa debit is the way with €5 charge per year? The standard maestro one won't let me purchase from a .com site. Will Visa debit allow such a transaction?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Mazeire

thesultan wrote: »
    so Visa debit is the way with €5 charge per year? The standard maestro one won't let me purchase from a .com site. Will Visa debit allow such a transaction?

Yes it will. It will ask you for the CCV number at the back to authorise the purchase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

****ING BANKERS.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,155 ✭✭✭✭blade1

thesultan wrote: »
    Yes it will!
    It will work all over the world!
    However I tried to pay the taxman over the phone with it and they would not accept it.
    The reason they gave was because they charge you when you pay by credit card but as it is debit card they couldn't charge me so I had to pay by direct debit.

Advertisement