Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone playing Magic the Gathering in Athlone

Options
  • 18-04-2013 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi

Ive been playing magic for a while now and have a collection of the card(nothing special). However i mainly just get to play casually with some friends of mine that like the game but dont really play that much.

I was just wondering if there were any people playing in athlone that might want another person to play Magic against.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Lucross

Hi, I hope this isn't too late. I used to play Magic a good bit, but not since I moved to Athlone. I would probably be up for playing a game sometime. I only have one deck with me, that I've never used before though :p Don't have any of my other cards with me at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 kevinmarkclyne

I've been playing about a year now, I'm out in ballymahon and a trip to athlone is never out of the question :) also I have plenty to trade ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Lucross

Cool :) Maybe we can meet up somewhere in Athlone on the weekend for the game? Although I'm not sure where the best place to do it would be:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5 br_gan

Hi, I'm also interested in playing in athlone. Would be willing to host for a couple of hours. I live on the roscommon side. Could probably even collect a couple of people to bring out here. No major collection, but have a couple of decks. Nothing standard, but might be interested in doing some limited too if people were interested, and if the numbers were good enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭luisspellcast

• Advertisement

Hi, I'm not on facebook. Facebook won't even allow me to see the name of the group without joining. Is it an athlone playgroup? Or is it a less local page than that?

it works more or less like the hub for more groups -- there's a small but great mtg community in ireland and i'm pretty sure there's a lot of answers to your questions in that group

i end up joining bookface just to follow the irish magic community, to be very honest -- i would much prefer a forum -- but i suppose i end up sticking with it -- it's just way easier to keep in contact with people -- but, then again, don't follow this as gospel

Hi, set up a throwaway account to view this. Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm really just looking to play very casually around my town.

Cheers for the heads up on the facebook group all the same. Now that you know I'm looking I'd appreciate if you could send midlanders this way if you notice them there! ;)

no worries -- well, there's plenty of casual players in there -- not everybody is competitive and you might find more people to play

no worries -- well, there's plenty of casual players in there -- not everybody is competitive and you might find more people to play

Oh yeah, I appreciate that. I have a fairly decent playgroup, but not in this part of the country, so I just want to get playing here.
    I'm fairly confident that if I can make the connections through facebook, I can make them without it too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Netru

Just to let everyone know, there is a significant MTG and Yugioh (among other) community in the AIT, we're always looking for new people to come and play. We meet every Wednesday in the college from 6-8 and everyone is welcome!
    Additionally, we will also be starting monthly tournaments in January if anyone wants to come down for some fun! :)

Cool! Where in the college and how do you get there? I can get to the college, but don't know it well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Netru

It's in the engineering building of the college in a room called U305. If you or anyone else needs help getting to the room on the day just PM me and I'll give you my number and we can meet up on the day :)
    The college is located on the road out to Moate near Smyths toystore. Here's a map for ease of directions!
    https://maps.google.ie/maps?client=opera&oe=utf-8&channel=suggest&ie=UTF-8&q=athlone+institute+of+technology&fb=1&gl=ie&hq=athlone+institute+of+technology&hnear=athlone+institute+of+technology&cid=2250119203120996349&ei=C8iVUta_J5KRhQeshYGIBQ&ved=0CJcBEPwS

• Registered Users Posts: 5 MTG Longford

Hi.
    I know this post is quite old but if anyone is playing around the Longford/Athlone area I would be interested in getting involved in a group or maybe organizing setting up a group for a regular game. I been playing for a few years, mostly modern homebrew decks

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭finooola

Hi.
    I know this post is quite old but if anyone is playing around the Longford/Athlone area I would be interested in getting involved in a group or maybe organizing setting up a group for a regular game. I been playing for a few years, mostly modern homebrew decks
    I'm mad to get in on some sort of nerding since moving to Athlone recently. I'm not currently a Magic player though. Keep me updated on whether this group ever gets off the ground please. I might purchase a deck builders toolkit to mess around with (that is if a total novice wouldn't cramp ye're style too much).

Advertisement