Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Failed systems with our packaging?

Options
  • 18-04-2013 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭

So I purchased a 6 pack of Crumble form one of Ireland's leading German retail stores only to discover that instead of having 2 packs of 3 different flavors they had three Strawberry, two Rhubarb and only one Apple.

I don’t like Strawberry and thought the OH would eat them but she scoffed all the Rhubarb before I realized the packing mistake.

I went down first thing this morning to complain but the teller was one of those people who answer a question with a question.

Don’t you just hate it when people do that?

Why can’t these people give me a straight answer regarding their perishables?

Is it too difficult to expect that you would get an even amount of flavors?

Why didn't I drive the extra 32 miles to M&S?

Where do I go from here?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Speak for yourself, my package is perfectly fine ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Haha this has got to get a reward for the most random thread of 2013.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

1st World Problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

So wait, you bought a 6 pack and you only got 6 in it... That's terrible Joe!

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Trudiha

I've no advice to offer but I would like to express my sincere sympathy. That really is shocking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

What did the man say when he discovered his pastries were defective?

Crumbs!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭cml387

Conspiracy Forum
    >

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

So you went back to a shop to complain about the packaging on a product even though you got what you paid for and one third of the product had been eaten?

If you don't mind me asking, what exactly did you expect the person behind the counter to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

1st World Problem.

**** off! I hate people who spout this line

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

Blast them! Deviant rapscallians, a swift slap with the shooting hand glove should place them well. Good day sir.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

I got a strawberry yoghurt instead of an apple one and the shop assistant didn't share my outrage at this travesty. What is the world coming to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

So I purchased a 6 pack of Crumble form one of Ireland's leading German retail stores only to discover that instead of having 2 packs of 3 different flavors they had three Strawberry, two Rhubarb and only one Apple.

I don’t like Strawberry and thought the OH would eat them but she scoffed all the Rhubarb before I realized the packing mistake.

I went down first thing this morning to complain but the teller was one of those people who answer a question with a question.

Where do I go from here?

iceland?

no wait thats more than 32miles away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

Where do I go from here?

You expect the working at the till to have detailed product knowledge on every item in the store and act as the company's spokesperson?
    Why did you lack the cajonies to ask to speak to the manager?
    What "problem" will you be inventing next?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Why would I?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

I ended up with cake all over my hands when trying to extract a particularly gooey cake from it's packaging once, you know the ones, the cake is held in a plastic box type container with a fold back lid but, the lid is at cake height with the cake filling up most of the container. This of course leads to a major problem as there's no way to get at the sides of the cake and no way to remove the cake without lifting from the sides. The end result of course is cake all over ones hands.

Why can't the lid go down to half the cake thus removing this problem.

Rage :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

orestes wrote: »
    So you went back to a shop to complain about the packaging on a product even though you got what you paid for and one third of the product had been eaten?

If you don't mind me asking, what exactly did you expect the person behind the counter to do?

Ok I hold my hands up.
    When herself was ticking the products as she put them away she only ticked off the 1 pack of crumble.
    She didn't drill into the package and check that there was 2 x each flavor as advertised on the package, I think.
    I thought the teller would have made sure the other remaining crumbles didn't fall into this category.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

Slunk wrote: »
    **** off! I hate people who spout this line

Whatever...

I ended up with cake all over my hands when trying to extract a particularly gooey cake from it's packaging once, you know the ones, the cake is held in a plastic box type container with a fold back lid but, the lid is at cake height with the cake filling up most of the container. This of course leads to a major problem as there's no way to get at the sides of the cake and no way to remove the cake without lifting from the sides. The end result of course is cake all over ones hands.

Why can't the lid go down to half the cake thus removing this problem.

Rage :mad:

problem?

that usually means you get to eat more cake

Ok I hold my hands up.
    When herself was ticking the products as she put them away she only ticked off the 1 pack of crumble.
    She didn't drill into the package and check that there was 2 x each flavor as advertised on the package, I think.
    I thought the teller would have made sure the other remaining crumbles didn't fall into this category.

you mean container

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Trudiha

I think that in the first instance you should email the product manufacturer. If you get no joy there, come back and round up a posse. I've found that shop assistance are considerably more empathic if you turn up as part of a pitchforks carrying crowd.

• Advertisement
Advertisement