Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much notice to give employer ?

Options
  • 18-04-2013 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi - does anyone know how much notice my wife has to give her employer that she is pregnant ? Is there a minimum amount ? There's nothing in the handbook .. Also any idea where I can get info on if we can get some benefits if she wants to take additional time off after maternity leave

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

I think she has to give a minimum of four weeks notice of her intention to go on maternity leave; as well as provide them with a doctors cert stating her estimated due date. Each employer's policies may be different though - it should state the policy in her contract/employee handbook. If she's in doubt she could contact HR and ask them to keep it confidential.
    As for info on benefits etc, citizens information are a good start : http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Four weeks before she intends to commence maternity leave is the rule. Its also recommended that if anything in the job might pose a risk that she inform the employer so changes to the role can be made, e.g. heavy lifting.

Advertisement