Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boiler size advice

Options
  • 17-04-2013 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭

Hi
    I will be taking out a Stanley oil cooker 100000 Btu and fitting a firebird condensing boiler, it will be heating 19 rads in total but these are split by 4 zones and usually only 2 zone valves open at any one time. I'm looking for advice from someone with experience of sizing condensing oil boilers, do I go with the c35 or would the c26 be sufficient.
    Many thanks
    Ps there's also a solid fuel stove connected to the rads which will be used quite often.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 nuzzer

give it a while and one of the sad ****in **** of internet plumbers will give ya some form of text book usless ****ing advice inbetween tossin them selfs off the sad lonely kunts must have no ****in lifes

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭paddy_joe

nuzzer wrote: »
    give it a while and one of the sad ****in **** of internet plumbers will give ya some form of text book usless ****ing advice inbetween tossin them selfs off the sad lonely kunts must have no ****in lifes

Ya having a bad day?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

A weeks holiday for nuzzer
    OT Posts deleted. Please do not discuss moderation decisions on thread

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭esox28

Okay ill have a go at sizing this for you...(I might be sad but I wish I was home alone:D)

If you take that your rads have an average out put each of 1kw and your dhw 3kw leaving your heating requirements roughly 22kw the c26 would be the boiler for you.
    Bare in mind you cannot connect your condenser to the same flue as the stanley if its connected to a clay flue without using a suitable flue liner.
    Over sizing a condenser boiler is not advisable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 225 ✭✭QBE

I think nuzzer has a point & Iv only been a member a while.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Warning for QBE.

I have already asked not to discuss moderation on thread.
    As your new here its just a warning. Infraction & bans will follow for repeats.
    But your name if coming to our attention for all the wrong reasons.
    This is generally a friendly place. Try to be more relaxed in your discussions.
    Having a point is fine. Expressing a point with attitude is not.
    If you wish to discuss moderation or any issues please feel free to PM me.

Advertisement