Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paramedic Jobs in Dubai.

Options
  • 17-04-2013 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

http://www.nationalambulance.ae/careers2/job/19/1/list.html

Dubai want paramedics. a colleague went there 4 months ago and loves it!!
    Mostly trauma calls due to massive construction at the moment, huge ex-pat community.

They will pay for flights and set up accommodation

48,000 euro for paramedic and 68,000 euro for advanced paramedic
    They will pay for accommodation each month
    Supply three meals a day
    3,000 euro for travel each year
    2 return flights home per year
    Pay is TAX FREE
    Free phone with bill paid every month
    Training to advanced paramedic for all (no selection process).

Just for info, email the above link if interested :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Deadly package. I see an AP from Waterford gone over recently aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭drvr

Advert mentions Advanced Paramedics only

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

drvr wrote: »
    Advert mentions Advanced Paramedics only

Advanced Paramedics are exempt from the HAAD examination process. Others not listed i.e.: PHECC Paramedics must sit the HAAD exam.

The list published shows who is exempt from the exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Schindlers Pissed

Has anybody applied that was at PHECC Paramedic level? Will they entertain an application? What about bringing a wife or family?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭ambo112

Yea, my colleague went at paramedic level, once they accept your c.v. there is an online written exam, mcq, pretty straight forward nothing too out of the box.

If you are an AP you don't have to do the online exam.

I you are married you can bring spouse and kids expenses paid. If not married, they are on their own in terms of costs.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the clarification. Sounding better every minute.

Yea, there are three if us thinking of going as a group and an AP also thinking of going.

Couple of years away, save a small fortune in the bank and come back as an AP.

Their training is recognised in the UK as paramedic so no doubt it will make the AP grade :-)

Sounds good Ambo112, even my wife was telling me to go for it......don't know if I should be worried lol

drvr wrote: »
    Sounds good Ambo112, even my wife was telling me to go for it......don't know if I should be worried lol

Hahaha, a couple of years away would sort our financial issues,if we go we aim to have the mortgage paid in full before we come back. Such a shortage of staff here there would be no problem rejoining especially as an AP and mortgage free!!

............ Hopefully :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Schindlers Pissed

Does anybody have any feedback from anybody who went to Dubai at Paramedic level? As in the volume of calls, availability of OT (might as well work as much as you can while you're there), lifestyle, cost of living etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Lads I knew a few work colleagues that went out there years ago some still working there,One thing they all commented on was the heat of the place it is one thing doing 2/3 weeks in Spain or Florida on holiday but the sand pit is something else.
    Most people working there live in communes and the place is full of Irish lots of Ex Ryanair/City Jet pilots and cabin crew among other professions,Also there is direct flights to Dubai 7 days a week from Dublin with Emirates.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭ibebanging

Is it possible to get a few beers and a shag in the compounds ??

Would be a real concern !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭donkey balls

ibebanging wrote: »
    Is it possible to get a few beers and a shag in the compounds ??

Would be a real concern !
    There are bars in Dubai and the mad thing is you see all these so called Muslim Sheiks walking around with russian women wearing mini skirts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 robanne

Hi all,

Application gone in so now we will wait and see> any one else applied or any further relevant info!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

I see a few nurse mates have passed interviews for general nursing positions too! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭truebluesac

Id be carefull thinking that you would come back as an AP . Plenty have gone to the states and england in the past done the paramedic course there come back and phecc wouldnt put them on the register as AP just as paramedics . Others have all had to go on the course here .

You may come back with the skills training and experience but PHECC may just say no .

• Registered Users Posts: 2 YOPA

Hi All

I am trying to send all the requested documentation to this email address Paramedics@nationalambulance.ae and it keeps throwing it back saying that it cannot deliver. Am i missing something here? Is there a different email address?

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭raytaxi

I might have had the same problem;) got a pdf to work and included a link to documents on dropbox :D
    Hope that works for you

• Registered Users Posts: 2 YOPA

Thanks for that raytaxi. I noticed shortly after posting on the thread that the email was too big to be accepted so split all the attachments ober a feww emails. Any one currently passed this stage or know of anyone just to give us an idea qhat to expect next as I am quite looking forward to this opportunity if successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MikeEmt

Well Guys any update on how yer applications are going?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭subscriber

Hi folks,

I am also a PHECC registered paramedic looking to emigrate. I heard of these positions being advertised last year but didn't have an interest at the time. I have also been looking into canada but there is a serious amount of loops to jump through to get in there. I see by the Dubai National Ambulance service web page mentioned in one of the above posts, that they are not currently recruiting.

Anyone know if its been a constant recruitment since they first started and they are now saturated with irish Para`s or if it has been advertised in waves? Anyone on this thread actually end up going over? How are they getting on?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭medic112

Hi, i believe they are not going to advertise until later on in the year, possibly november. know of 2 APs gone, 1 last year with the family & the second going out in 2 weeks but on this own as they're out of family accommodation. (remember its just not irish paras its paras from all over the world applying)

just keep on checking the website & maybe send them an expression of interest.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭subscriber

Are they only accepting AP's or Paramedics also? ,as im at Paramedic level at the moment. I cant imagine ill see an AP course in ireland for at least 2 years minimum, having not even sat an entrance MCQ yet.

Also, have peoples employers,either HSE or fire birgdade, been allowing them sabbatical leave or have they had to completly resign from there irish employment? This is something i have to find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭raytaxi

Friend that went from HSE had to resign position no career breaks at moment due to "needs of the service" is the line they are taking. That was last year and I believe it has not changed.
    Also be aware if you leave and come back you will start back on point one of pay scale, terms and condition's will be what ever they are when you come back, also your pension will be calculated differently believe it will be career average salary not final salary average 3 years.

Advertisement