Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on how to get accounts work

Options
  • 17-04-2013 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hello

I am not a finance/accountancy grad and am up to F6 in my ACCA quali, but Im finding it impossible to get some work ANYWHERE. There are lots of accounts assistant jobs posted daily and I have 8 months practice experience but its soul destroying getting constantly ignored.

Im wondering - Is the fact Im not a finance grad undermining my chances?

Any advice on how to go about this would be most welcome.

Thanks

J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Jairus wrote: »
    Hello

I am not a finance/accountancy grad and am up to F6 in my ACCA quali, but Im finding it impossible to get some work ANYWHERE. There are lots of accounts assistant jobs posted daily and I have 8 months practice experience but its soul destroying getting constantly ignored.

Im wondering - Is the fact Im not a finance grad undermining my chances?

Any advice on how to go about this would be most welcome.

Thanks

J
    Job bridge if you are not currently working is a good way to get into a company

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Ghost.

As mentioned above, job bridge or a fas work placement if you aren't working is probably your best bet. There aren't many suitable positions out there at the moment.

I would say not being a finance/accountancy grad is not really that big problem, they are in the same boat, the jobs just aren't there.

Just stick with it, and try keep focused on your exams.

As for the accounts assistant positions posted daily, Id safely fay half of them aren't really positions just recruitment agencies looking for cv's and potential candidates to have on file. Its a balls.

Advertisement