Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to the Wirral Merseyside

Options
  • 17-04-2013 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

hi all
    looking for advice on moving to the wirral with 2 young kids and hubby! where is the best place to live we will be renting so dont want to pay a fortune! also where are the best primary schools? hubby has been applying for jobs around birkenhead would love a garden but not keen on birkenhead was thinking claughton prenton areas....any advice would be great!!!! also if hubby ended up out of work what way would benefits work as we would be giving up our house here dont want to end up worse over there!!! thanks x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

i wouldnt reccomend bringing up ids int he wirral.... its a rough area.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ccll13

I actually lived there for 8 years there are some fab places, i just wouldnt know much about schools or rent etc! That being said i know there are some very rough areas to the wirral like most places!

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

What about Chester? That's where I live... It is really nice but pretty expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

You can't judge the Wirral Peninsula on the basis of Birkenhead, there are lots of very nice and affluent areas 'over the water' as the Scousers put it, doing some research via Wikipedia and Google Street View would help as well, Heswall in particular is quire affluent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭Bench Press

JoseJones wrote: »
    What about Chester? That's where I live... It is really nice but pretty expensive.
    yeah, was there for a bit, nice places are expensive to rent though, all financial service type industries there, so therefore loads of cash floating around, really nice town though and easy to get to Liverpool/Manchester and home to Ireland for visits from there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭dexty

Hi, did u move? I live in Wallasey and tbh the Wirral is really nice!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,766 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

A mate of mine got robbed at gunpoint in the Wirral recently. I'd stay away if I were you.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭NoCrackHaving

Parts of the Wirral are nice, generally on the western side, other parts (namely Birkenhead) are dog rough with some of the highest unemployment rates in the UK. A very, very mixed bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

A mate of mine got robbed at gunpoint in the Wirral recently. I'd stay away if I were you.

There was a man killed in London recently too, don't go there. And a woman murdered in America so definitely stay away from there. A little old lady was robbed by some thugs in Liverpool too so rule that out. Jaysus is anywhere safe these days? Probably best to stay at home and don't leave the house OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

I would have thought Hoole in Chester would be affordable and is also within walking distance of the station and all which means that Liverpool and Manchester are both fairly easy to commute to?
    Plenty of areas in The Wirral that are lovely and plenty that are rough same as anywhere else. Although I'm not overly familiar with living round there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement