Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stove heating water, but not pumping to rads

Options
  • 17-04-2013 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Hi all, I've been having problems with the heating of late. As the title suggests when the stove is lit I have plenty of near boiling hot water from the taps, but the pump doesn't seem to be kicking in to pump the water to the rads.

The thermostat is set at 50, and when I turn it down to around 30 it will start pumping no problem and the radiators heat up just fine. The pipe that the thermostat is attatched to gets very hot, ( as in it feels hotter than the required 50 degrees) but when I turn the stat down in order to get it pumping the pipe turns cold for a couple of seconds then heats up again
    Could it just be a simple as a problem with the thermostat? I should also mention its a dual oil/solid fuel stove heating system and when I use the oil it operates as normal. All ideas and information greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Sounds like a faulty pipestat.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭nmacc

As aujopimur says, based on the info provided, definitely a faulty stat.

Advertisement