Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youtube videos not working (Google Chrome)

Options
  • 17-04-2013 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Xubuntu 12.04

Youtube videos are very laggy/choppy and unable to watch. (Although there is no problem with the audio)
    Flash videos on other websites seem to work fine.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭human 19

is it buffereing ok? if not...

right click in window- settings - local storage --> what's it set to? if 10kb...move up to 10MB

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Have you the latest video drivers installed?
    Have you switched to the HTML5 version by accident?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,258 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I've had this problem since the flash 11.2.202.275 update came along last month. The .280 update a few days ago doesn't seem to have cured it. Right clicking brings up the KDE flash control panel but it only has the option to disable local storage, not increase it. It was fine before the .275 update so I think flash is just broken :(

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 SkyBlooo

I didn't change to HTML5 and the local stoage is 10mb, I've tried unlimited as well.

It's kind of hard to explain,
    it seems the whole web page slows down when scrolling down, liking and/or adding a video to a favourite.

The video will have buffered and started but the time will be stuck on 0:00 (audio playing fine) and every good few seconds the time might change. The play/pause video is also laggy.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭human 19

strange. Im on KDE and right clicking on the vid gives me the whole menu list including settings. I have seen some stalling of the page on occasion but then just reload the page .
    Apart from that I have no idea.
    Im on 11.202.262

• Advertisement
Advertisement