Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stena sailings cancelled Rosslare-Fishguard

Options
  • 17-04-2013 1:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭seanmacc

Southern Coridor sailings are always badly effected by Southerly gales.

You can probably bet that although the Irish Ferries is running from Roslare to Pembroke, there will more than likely be a delay on that sailing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

That area really gets rough in this kind of weather. I would rather they cancel than have to endure that. Got bad memories of that kind of weather:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

The Inishmore is a bigger ship with 4 engines. The Stena Europe is only a 2 engine with 2 rear propellers. When it comes to heavy weather they've been stuck outside of Roslare and Fishgaurd on several occaisions already this year for a few hours unable to get into port and with a full load of passengers.

Although a lot of the time these decisions to cancel are down to the captains bottle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

http://www.teknet.ie/webcamWest.html

Webcam shows an interesting sailing for anyone intending to travel. I would rather lose my money than go out on that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

It's unusual for Irish Ferries to cancel although I've been delayed a couple of times, was still a tad lumpy when we went out.

I remember back the days of the B&I rustbuckets out of Pembroke which also rarely cancelled, recall lying on the floor wishing it would sink and put me out of my misery! :o

Stena cancelled as well out of Dublin tonight.

Business as usual for the Irish Ferries Cruise Ferries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

Advertisement