Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky 3D is now available to all HD Pack customers at no extra cost

Options
  • 17-04-2013 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭

Hi, just logged into my sky account as was greeted with the following info.

Sky 3D is now available to all HD Pack customers at no extra cost

I haven't activated it yet though as I want to enquire has anyone else tried it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Just activated mine online but it hasn't come through to the box yet. I cancelled the HD last week but still riding out the notice period!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Chet T16 wrote: »
    Just activated mine online but it hasn't come through to the box yet. I cancelled the HD last week but still riding out the notice period!

I thought it already was

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dermondo

That's sounds ok then, I am in the same position as one, ebbing out the notice period, but I thought I would try it for the time remaining.

It didn't charge you anything or extend any notice period etc ...

Nope, didn't seem to. I did get an automated email asking me to ring them to confirm some details. When i rang they weren't sure why i had to ring and i'm waiting for them to call me back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Just ordered it there, emails said it has gone though fine so I guess wait a few min till it activates on the box

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭stesaurus

I thought it already was

It was

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

It was always free, you just had to activate it. Had it for over a year on the current subscription at no extra cost. If you like football, then the Man City home games on the 3D are good. Much better than other football in the 3D format.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

What content can ya get? Do ya still needs sports + movies?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭cena

I thought you can't cancel hd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Ok, I'm probably gonna sound like a complete prat but, do you need a 3D TV to watch the 3D channels?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

What content can ya get? Do ya still needs sports + movies?

It's one station in 3D. They show a mix of stuff like documentary, movies and sports. Sometimes PPV. It's great for man city games as they have a good setup with cameras in the stadium itself, where other clubs haven't. It's perfectly priced as a freebie tbh as it's not even worth €1. If you have a 3D tv, then it's good to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ShaunC

Yawns wrote: »
    It was always free, you just had to activate it. Had it for over a year on the current subscription at no extra cost. If you like football, then the Man City home games on the 3D are good. Much better than other football in the 3D format.

Yes, but who wants to watch €ITY. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Ok, I'm probably gonna sound like a complete prat but, do you need a 3D TV to watch the 3D channels?

Actually no but all you'll see are two side by side images of the same content.

For the 3D effect then yes of course you need a 3D capable tv

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭DermoMIO

thanks just did it online hopefully it doesnt affect my offer im on, this sentence worries me
    Due to recent changes to your Sky account, an updated bill may be generated. Please check your bill online using your Sky iD or interactively using your Sky remote control after 24 hours to see if your bill has been changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

s.welstead wrote: »
    Actually no but all you'll see are two side by side images of the same content.

For the 3D effect then yes of course you need a 3D capable tv

I love a pedantic answer. Top work.

Its always been available if you have sky world, is this still the case or is it now available with just the Sports + HD packs?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭sbEdge

I've just signed up for it. It's available for free for anyone with the HD pack.

If you don't have the movies or sports channels, you will not be able to view the movies or sports on the 3D channel, you will only be able to view documentaries etc.

When I rang to activate the 3D channel they gave me the movie channels for free for two months.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I wonder will they blank out live Premier League games & movies unless customers are already subscribed to the appropriate packs?

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dermondo

zerks wrote: »
    I wonder will they blank out live Premier League games & movies unless customers are already subscribed to the appropriate packs?

I think the 3D content is only applicable to the package you currently subscribe to.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Dermondo wrote: »
    I think the 3D content is only applicable to the package you currently subscribe to.

Reckon so,Sky aren't going to give premium content free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Just activated it meself...nice little extra to have & 3D does look savage with some movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Gutted eastenders isnt in 3d :(

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Kurn

For those who added something to their account (like movies,sports etc) while on a discount because they wanted to cancel, be warned, you may loose the discount you had... at least I did, also if you cancel movies/sports or something and are riding out the notice, and you try to add something while waiting for another plan to go off - the order wont go through (online at least) .
    -my experience-

That would explain why mine wouldn't go through. I might kick up a moderate fuss and get my 3D for a couple of days and never watch it anyway

Advertisement