Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Racism

Options
  • 17-04-2013 11:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    I was wondering if anybody has ever suffered from racist abuse? By looking around Dublin the past few months I have noticed so many different nationalities/ shops and I can't remember the last time that I got in a taxi with an Irish man. When I was a kid back in the 80's early 90's I don't remember there being many foreigners at all in Ireland

I am asking this question because I lived in the US for a while when I was younger. In my first job I was racially abused nearly everday for being Irish (sometimes joking but sometimes serious)I was called all types of names and in particular I was told to go back to my country and that I wasn't welcome.

Does this happen in Ireland? I really don't have a problem with foreign people. I have worked abroad on many different occasions so I really can't afford to be racist as I had been a foreigner myself.Although this thread might seem racist it is not my intention.

Its just upsetting because I had to emigrate to America to get employment but back home in Dublin I can't even get an interview not to mention a job. But when I go into my local Petrol station/shop I very rarely get served by an Irish person.What is happening?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,541 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

con1421 wrote: »
    Does this happen in Ireland?

It happens everywhere unfortunately.

So wait, because you suffered racial abuse when you lived and worked in another country - you think that foreign nationals working in Ireland should suffer racial abuse too?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Another fine thread OP.....nobody cares if you lived/worked in America.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

I got racially abused by a black woman on a bus in Hackney, she was celebrating the fact that Obama had won the race for US president. I felt like i was the new Rosa Parkes.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,447 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I can't remember the last time that I got in a taxi with an Irish man.

To be honest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

I'm not racist but.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

I am asking this question because I lived in the US for a while when I was younger. In my first job I was racially abused nearly everday for being Irish (sometimes joking but sometimes serious)I was called all types of names and in particular I was told to go back to my country and that I wasn't welcome.
    Getting abused for being Irish in America. Where the hell were you, Alabama?

• Site Banned Posts: 99 ✭✭Spanish Harlem

You have raised a very valid concern OP. It doesn't make sense that we're still accepting non-EU immigrants while unemployment in this country is sky-high and the dole queues are out the door. But try debating logic with a liberal. They inevitably get frustrated when their juvenile views are challenged so resort to labelling you a racist and throwing out ad hominems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

Is this thread on experiencing racism or having a problem with "da farginers takin ar jawbs"?

You have raised a very valid concern OP. It doesn't make sense that we're still accepting non-EU immigrants while unemployment in this country is sky-high and the dole queues are out the door. But try debating logic with a liberal. They inevitably get frustrated when their juvenile views are challenged so resort to labelling you a racist and throwing out ad hominems.

Oh go away. :rolleyes:

Edit: Your over use of Ad Hominem in virtually every post you make sounds like you´re trying to sound clever. Are you?

Edit again: Tenner bets you´ll accuse me of Ad Hominem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

Some Africans I find are the worst offenders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Is this thread on experiencing racism or having a problem with "da farginers takin ar jawbs"?

Some people are unable to seperate the two. Or the two from just having a problem with "da farginers". Thus we're on our way to another clusterfuck.

• Site Banned Posts: 99 ✭✭Spanish Harlem

Oh go away. :rolleyes:

Edit: Your over use of Ad Hominem in virtually every post you make sounds like you´re trying to sound clever. Are you?

I'll stop highlighting ad hominems when you stop making them.

Why can't you attack the post and not the poster? It's a simple rule. Stop worrying about me.

Some Africans I find are the worst offenders.

of....?

Having read back over your other posts OP, it certainly appears that you are trolling.

PM for further clarification. Otherwise, thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement