Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to expect at First Antenatal Class

Options
  • 17-04-2013 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Apologies if this has already been posted but couldn’t find the answer to my question

I’m 27 weeks pregnant and have my first antenatal class next Monday and was just wondering if anyone could share their experiences on the classes.

I’m really not sure what to expect, my letter says I will have my medical history taken, bloods taken, seen by a doc and have an ultrasound scan…:confused::confused: Does this happen at the antenatal classes? I had all of the above done at my 12 week appointment.

Any thoughts would be appreciated! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

JD24 wrote: »
    Apologies if this has already been posted but couldn’t find the answer to my question

I’m 27 weeks pregnant and have my first antenatal class next Monday and was just wondering if anyone could share their experiences on the classes.

I’m really not sure what to expect, my letter says I will have my medical history taken, bloods taken, seen by a doc and have an ultrasound scan…:confused::confused: Does this happen at the antenatal classes? I had all of the above done at my 12 week appointment.

Any thoughts would be appreciated! :)

There must be a mistake with the letter. That's not done at antenatal classes! Maybe give them a call to confirm if it is a class or an appointment :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Yeah, something isn't right there, that sounds like a booking in appointment. What hospital is this with? My first class was just about eating well and breastfeeding and things!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭JD24

Thanks for the replies.

Im with the Rotunda. I thought there might be a mistake with the letter considering it said the Master of the Rotunda was the one giving the class!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

I'm in holles st so I can't tell you that it's definitely wrong but it sounds like it's worth checking with the hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

Isn't that what they do at the very first visit? Well, that's what they did with me anyway!

I'm in Rotunda as well and I'm starting antenatal classes soon...they should have given you a list at the start with what each class involves - the first one is being advised on diet, exercise etc..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭JD24

Isn't that what they do at the very first visit? Well, that's what they did with me anyway!

I'm in Rotunda as well and I'm starting antenatal classes soon...they should have given you a list at the start with what each class involves - the first one is being advised on diet, exercise etc..

Thanks Chocoholic84. I rang the Rotunda and it turns out I was sent the wrong letter format. I have the list now so feeling much more prepared :D

Advertisement