Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quickest way from Tallaght - UCD via public transport at 8am

Options
  • 17-04-2013 2:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭

The two routes I would normally get from Tallaght to UCD are:

27 to town then a 145 to UCD
    75 to Stillorgan and a 145/36a/84x to UCD

However, I've never traveled from Tallaght to UCD at such a peak time. The routes themselves take around the same time, but which route would have less traffic at 8am so I would get there faster? :confused:

Dublin's bound to be hard to get around in the morning, but I imagine the 75's route through Rathfarnam and Dundrum would be busy itself.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,266 ✭✭✭✭Victor

www.a-b.ie - make sure to put in exact locations and correct date and time. There are lots of different permutations. Just be careful of the usual suspect like Terenure Cross and Walkinstown Roundabout.

You should be able to cycle it along the Dodder in 30 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

I didn't know about that website! Dead handy! Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭liger

77x Tallaght to UCD leaves Kiltipper at 07:30.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

liger wrote: »
    77x Tallaght to UCD leaves Kiltipper at 07:30.

Yeah, I've heard of that bus! But where's Kiltipper? I don't actually live in Tallaght so I've no idea.

This is the stop where I normally get my bus, is it anywhere near there?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,552 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

I would say the easiest route is 75 to Rathfarnham (get off at the stop after the Yellow House) and then take the 17 from there.

The 77x goes nowhere near Tallaght Village unfortunately.

• Advertisement
Advertisement