Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If You Could Go Back

Options
  • 16-04-2013 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

If you could go back to any point in time and you could bring 1 thing with you, where would you go and what would you bring? Assuming you don't have access to a winning lottery ticket or massive truck full of gold...

I thought of bringing a history book back to the 20's and showing everybody what a dick Hitler was but obviously nobody would believe me. Then I thought maybe bringing a machine gun back to medieval times and just being a boss.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

I'd go back in time, and patent those little plastic bits on the end of shoes. Set it up so all the money goes into an account that will stay open forever. Go back to this time, collect my money, live like a king until I die.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

I'd go back to the dawn of time and bring with me a butterfly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Go back to 1998 with a pair of underwear.

Make sure I put them on to avoid the zip incident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I'd go back to a few hours ago before the Croke Park deal was rejected, and then I would bet all my money on it being rejected. Smart eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

I'd go back to 2006 with my house and sell it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Hooked

Grays Sports Almanac 1950-2000 FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I'd go back to last Saturday night and bring with me the common sense that I appeared to lose in between talking to a girl and getting horrendously drunk.

Y'never know, might get the shift this time :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭Gorilla Rising

I'd go back to last Saturday and put an accumulator on the footy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,726 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I'd never go back, I might get stuck there and have to do it all over again.
    Heeeeeeeeeeeell no!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Panthro wrote: »
    I'd never go back, I might get stuck there and have to do it all over again.
    Heeeeeeeeeeeell no!

Good point. On the other hand, you'd get to watch the Thundercats on TV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

I'd go back two years when I was in Tenerife and bring the chef from Ritchie Rich's restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,149 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

You start a decent enough thread which could illicit some great posts..... and start with the most clichéd answer possible.

"I'd go back... blah blah yawn... Hitler"

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭spankysue

I'd go back to 2000 and bring back a picture of my niece to show my brother (her dad) the child he didn't know his GF was carrying when he died.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭long range shooter

Send back a terminator and make sure Justin Bieber never is born

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

MrStuffins wrote: »
    You start a decent enough thread which could illicit some great posts..... and start with the most clichéd answer possible.

"I'd go back... blah blah yawn... Hitler"

I said that I thought of going back to that time but it couldn't work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

I'd go back to the year 2022 just before the waves of Chinese genocides sweep further West across the European continent into France and I would tell Irish people to head to South America where they would be safe for at least another decade...

...I've said too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

If you kill Hitler, then you'll go to prison for murdering some young lad in Austria.

Anyway everyone knows they have cops to stop all this stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Mr Tibbs

I would go back two thousand years in the Starship Enterprise and up on a mountain I would get Scotty to beam me up. Sure they would all think I am the Saviour and I would be famous for thousand's of year's and my offspring's would never have to do a hard day's work for the rest of their lives. They would be so grateful they would pray to me everyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

I'd withdraw all my money from the bank, put it in a box with the word "GOOGLE!" written on it and go back to 1997.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

I'd go back to the 18th of nov 2009,To the stade de france in paris,With a sniper rifle and set my sights on monsieour Thierry Henry................

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

I'm sorry, I'm after being in my local forum and it brings back all the emotions of "Jesus, I'd love to biacth slap" certain folks... Hindsight's a brilliant thing. Its just to shake those people that who you wish in your head said "cop the fook on ya fool". You have no idea. But of course, this is AH, and we have people willing to find holes...regardless, in our comments. If I could go back? win the lotto? nah... enact revenge on people? noo... but ye know something? I would certainly NOT stand the way of Karma. Ye know why? cause karma is just nasty, but yet so poetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

As I said in a very similar topic a while back......I'd tell myself not to smoke, how to deal with the early signs of depression before it gets to the destructive stage, get plenty of exercise and hand over a few sets of winning lotto numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

I would certainly NOT stand the way of Karma. Ye know why? cause karma is just nasty, but yet so poetic.

Karma? Well, it's interesting to hear your patronising, simplistic and totally erroneous western estimation of the basic tenets behind thousands of years of eastern philosophy, but if you're going to lay your faith in it at least have a basic understanding of the words you're using, is all I'm saying.

For me? Antibiotics.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 SkyBlooo

I'd go back and steal facebook before Zuckerberg even thought of it,
    take the first offer from yahoo for a billion and the rest you can imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

I'd go back to the night I boxed (and lost) against Maurice Robinson in Portsmouth in 2000, and bring a better right hook with me. I've thought about it nearly every day since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Either Dallas 22/11/63 and bring a paper from 23/11/63 to warn Presidant Kennedy.

That or the newspaper craic with Michael Collins on 22/8/22.

Or in a selfish way, go back to St. Stephens night 2010 with a bit of common sense and keep away from the prick I met and subsequently started going with.

Advertisement