Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Foundation Maths

Options
  • 16-04-2013 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi
    Will probably be teaching leaving cert project maths foundation level next year. Been teaching ordinary level for last 20 years and can sing it off. My turn for foundation level for next year. Only prob is i cant find a book for course. Any suggestions.? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Tweej

Probably with the new Project maths course, there isn't one.

Look at the given curriculum, past exam papers, etc, and work from there until you do find a book I guess.

Working from OL will probably be the best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Chris68

There doesn't seem to be a text book. I've been using the old Text & Tests book for foundation level.

At leaving cert the students can now be examined on junior cert content. Foundation leaving cert students need to cover ordinary junior cert, not foundation level (as that no longer exists). I imagine it wont be long before foundation leaving cert no longer exists either. I've been supplementing the old text book with the new junior cert books and some photocopies from the ordinary leaving cert books. LCA text books may also be useful at times.

As far as I know the Project Maths website has produced only one foundation level resource: click here

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,169 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Speak to your colleagues who have taught it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 squanker

Thanks all. Have spoken to colleagues and they are driven crazy by it all. Constantly photocopying for class. Seems crazy that teacher has to create full resources and then teach subject. Looks a bit off the wall that this has not yet been addressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

There is no book. I have spoken to reps from nearly all the book companies and none have any concrete plans for one either.

LC FL students must also cover the JC OL syllabus. This is a huge problem at the moment for FL students who did the old FL JC course.

There is no separate JC FL syllabus - FL students must cover the OL learning outcomes - but there is a FL exam.

• Advertisement
Advertisement