Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A reasonable commute?

Options
  • 16-04-2013 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭

I currently live 5 minutes from work - so the commute is easy, and wherever I move, I'm obviously not going to have it as handy as I currently do!

What would your advice be on doing a Maynooth - Drogheda commute?

Would petrol & toll costs cripple me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

You can avoid tolls by going Dunboyne-Ratoath-Duleek, but you're still looking at a long commute, maybe 45-50 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Con Logue wrote: »
    Based on the information you have provided about your circumstances, ability to read maps and calculate petrol costs, undoubtedly yes.

Thanks for your very helpful response (!)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,266 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Con Logue wrote: »
    Based on the information you have provided about your circumstances, ability to read maps and calculate petrol costs, undoubtedly yes.
    Pardon?

n97 mini wrote: »
    You can avoid tolls by going Dunboyne-Ratoath-Duleek, but you're still looking at a long commute, maybe 45-50 mins.

That's the problem I guess.
    The joys of love! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

n97 mini wrote: »

Much traffic on this route in the mornings/evenings?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

What would your advice be on doing a Maynooth - Drogheda commute?

Don't, it's crazy.

Don't, it's crazy.

What are the alternatives if you want to live together but are working in a different place?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

What are the alternatives if you want to live together but are working in a different place?

I don't know tbh but I think a commute like that is madness in time, never mind cost and distance. 50 mins x 2 everyday, it's a lot of wasted time. I guess it's up to you and how you value what you can gain against what this costs.

Where does the other half work, can you split the commute distance?

I don't know tbh but I think a commute like that is madness in time, never mind cost and distance. 50 mins x 2 everyday, it's a lot of wasted time. I guess it's up to you and how you value what you can gain against what this costs.

Where does the other half work, can you split the commute distance?

Not possible to commute.
    He has own house.
    My only option would be to look for a transfer? Not very feasible at the moment though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

I do Maynooth Baldoyle every day. Takes 40 minutes each way. Don't consider it a long commute at all. Used to do it by train, took twice as long.

• Advertisement
Advertisement