Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

INMO and IMO reject Croke Park 2

Options
  • 16-04-2013 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭

inmo.ie wrote:
    The Irish Nurses and Midwives Organisation (INMO), following a nationwide ballot of members, has overwhelmingly rejected the proposals on a possible extension to the Croke Park Agreement for public servants.

The details of the ballot result are as follows:

Against: 95.5%
    For: 4.5%
    Turnout: 68%
    imo.ie wrote:
    Members of the Irish Medical Organisation (IMO) have voted overwhelmingly to reject the proposals by the Labour Relations Commission (LRC) for a Revised Agreement on Pay and Reform, commonly known as the Croke Park II agreement. The proposals were rejected by 92% of those voting in the IMO ballot with just 8% in favour. Turnout was 43%.

Disappointed but not surprised by the low IMO turnout.

It looks like CP2 will fail, and the government has threatened to force unilaterally impose cuts if this happens.

An interesting few weeks to come!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Dingle_berry

Don't for get the MLSA. Another no vote from us!

EDIT: press release/more info: http://www.mlsa.ie/news/article17.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Sorry, didn't mean to suggest that it was dead because the IMNO/IMO/MLSA ;)had voted against, more that those unions were more relevant to health professionals on this board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Vorsprung wrote: »
    Sorry, didn't mean to suggest that it was dead because the IMNO/IMO/MLSA ;)had voted against, more that those unions were more relevant to health professionals on this board.

My point is the SIPTU vote is more relevant to the health professionals ont he board because if they had of ok'ed it it may have still gone ahead regardless of what health professionals think. Now all bets are off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭dissed doc

.... government has threatened to force unilaterally impose cuts if this happens.

No change there then. That's what they have been doing to hospital consultants since 2008 (now a 58% paycut in total).

(not management consultants on fat state contracts though, perish the thought!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭his_dudeness

Disappointed but not surprised by the low IMO turnout.

Compared to the <3-4% that turned up at the AGM, 43 is like a revolution!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Whizzer1

Thank God for that. I'm quite prepared to walk out if any of these reductions in conditions are imposed. The last 'strike' was a joke as we provided emergency cover. This in effect meant that I worked longer hours than usual for no pay at all.

I'm actively seeking employment out of the health sector altogether and I'm almost there. I used to really enjoy my job, knowing I was helping people and making a difference but that's not true anymore. We are the 'enemy' now. I'm not prepared to put up with it anymore...I'm getting out.

Advertisement