Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco unlimited plan with S3 phone.

Options
  • 16-04-2013 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

Just noticed on the Tesco mobile website that the unlimited plan (10000 mins, 10000 text and 15g data) with a Samsung Galaxy S111 has been reduced from €75 monthly to €50 monthly and with no upfront payment for the phone
    Which in effect allows you to have the €35 unlimited plan with a galaxy S3 purchased @€;15 monthly over 2 years = phone cost €360. Brilliant value.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

where can i sign up??

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭corkonion

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mtdelany

if you are more of a data user than a talker, you can get the phone for EUR 159 and pay €30 a month.

overall contract will cost you EUR 879 over the two years instead of EUR 1200

500 any network minutes 500 any network texts 15GB monthly data instead of

10000 any network minutes 10000 any network texts 15GB monthly data

mtdelany wrote: »
    if you are more of a data user than a talker, you can get the phone for EUR 159 and pay €30 a month.

overall contract will cost you EUR 879 over the two years instead of EUR 1200

500 any network minutes 500 any network texts 15GB monthly data instead of

10000 any network minutes 10000 any network texts 15GB monthly data

Agreed there are various options, but for me as a heavy phone user the unlimited plan is fantastic value.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

corkonion wrote: »
    Just noticed on the Tesco mobile website that the unlimited plan (10000 mins, 10000 text and 15g data) with a Samsung Galaxy S111 has been reduced from €75 monthly to €50 monthly and with no upfront payment for the phone
    Which in effect allows you to have the €35 unlimited plan with a galaxy S3 purchased @€;15 monthly over 2 years = phone cost €360. Brilliant value.

Just buy the phone for 360e up front, thats how much it is new.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

It cost this much ready to go?? I always thought it was closer to the 6/700 euro mark??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

billy2012 wrote: »
    It cost this much ready to go?? I always thought it was closer to the 6/700 euro mark??

Amazon.de

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

billy2012 wrote: »

Been dropping loads and will drop more

http://www.amazon.de/Samsung-Smartphone-Super-AMOLED-Touchscreen-Megapixel-marble-white/dp/B00812YWXU/ref=sr_1_2?s=ce-de&ie=UTF8&qid=1366133339&sr=1-2&keywords=s3

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

Are Tesco mobile reliable ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

ianob7 wrote: »
    Are Tesco mobile reliable ?

Are you talking about their network? I'm pretty sure they use the O2 network so you've the same coverage as any O2 customer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

danthefan wrote: »
    Are you talking about their network? I'm pretty sure they use the O2 network so you've the same coverage as any O2 customer.

Tesco Mobile use the O2 radio network so you'll get the same reception and coverage as O2.
    But when the traffic goes through Tesco Mobiles core network, the voice and data network is entirely separate to O2's and their data network has been having lots of problems this week. You can see the slow data threads in the Talk To Tesco Mobile forum here.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Helpneeded86

360 + 30*18 = 900

50 *18 = 900

Pretty much works out the same whichever way you go. Negative is one is a contract and the other you need to pony up €360. If they introduce a slightly higher priced phone the deal could be a winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

Pardon this question for its potential incredible stupidity, but if I buy a phone from the Amazon.de website for the S3, is it perfectly okay to use my current SIM and so forth or is something different, I don't even know what this 'locked' business is as I've never purchased a 'locked phone' even though some sellers offer 'unlocked phones'.

I don't see the s3 for that price anywhere, from amazon.de including postage it's over€400, from amazon.co.uk it's €450, from tesco it's €499 ... From O2 and Vodafone it's €599

Where else is it available for €360 delivered?

corkonion wrote: »
    I don't see the s3 for that price anywhere, from amazon.de including postage it's over€400, from amazon.co.uk it's €450, from tesco it's €499 ... From O2 and Vodafone it's €599

Where else is it available for €360 delivered?

I've seen it around that on hotukdeals and other sites a few times for 360-400 and refurbished for 270. Just have to wait for the deal to come back then. Even at 400 you get the choice to move contract/prepay at any time and also with the s4 coming out the s3 is dropping even more.

When I was on prepay I paid 20e every 1.5-2 months, not 30 every month. There is no way after 18 months you would be on the best deal. I'd say get the phone up front and something like this http://www.48months.ie/membership/the-don or 3 prepay.

also on amazon es and de it is often cheaper to get the phone delivered to the uk (lower vat and delivery), so you get it delivered to parcel motel instead. it was only 6e total delivery on amazon .es for an s3 before, maybe it will work this time for .de. Actually I've just on boards somebody got theres delivered from amazon.de for 3.50E + parcel motel.

Edit: just tried it out for you. 3.75 delivery to uk, and 3.50 delivery with parcel motel if you dont have the two free tokens you get when you sign up. So should come in around 370 ish.

Advertisement