Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

James Blake - Overgrown

Options
  • 16-04-2013 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭

Second solo album following on from his self titled first. I've been looking forward to this for a while as a huge fan of his first album. It hasn't disappointed and had been on repeat for the last few days.

For a first time listen I'd say try to get wrapped up in this album. Get it, put on a decent pair of over earphones, turn up volume, close eyes, lie back and let it wash over you. The nuance and richness are I think probably best experienced in this way.

You'd be tempted to think its just a headphone experience album but behind the sophistication of sound, intricate layering and other production quality lies what feels like real emotion. It's though on a very superficial level a feast for the ears. 'I Am Sold' and 'To The Last' draw and pull sound around, above, below and into you with a depth of sound that blew me away.

Probably my favourite album of the year so far.

Opr

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Must pick this up; I really enjoyed his first album.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

It's really good except for the 3rd track I think, which ever one has the rapping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

It's really good except for the 3rd track I think, which ever one has the rapping.
    I thought Take A Fall For Me wasn't great either but after a few listens you love it.

What can I say - fantastic album, James has finally found his balance between the melody and beats. One of the top releases of the year and right up there with his other releases. With this and the release of the remix he's done of Changes by Mala...man can't do wrong. Disappointing to see it not do great on the charts now. Lana Del Rey's Born to Die above it - what's wrong with Ireland's music taste?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,089 ✭✭✭mada999

eh are the two of those songs the same song?! gimme the rope stuff for me

Advertisement