Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clamping Refund Appeal Wait

Options
  • 16-04-2013 2:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭

Hi , just looking for a bit of advice if anyone would be so kind!
    Ok I was clamped totally wrongfully by a clamping company, I had to pay the fine and afterwards appealed through there appeals process. Of course they rejected the appeal. With their rejection email they included a form for the Independent Parking Appeals Service. It was 20 euro but sure I took the chance. 3 weeks ago I got the Independent appeal back and It said that they found in my favor, and that the parking company would issue me with a refund of the clamp fee and the 2nd appeal fee in DUE COURSE. What does that mean ? I feel 3 weeks is long enough for whatever administrative work the parking company would need to do.
    So basically have I anyway to speed this up? What is the wises course of action now to take? Is small claims court an option or is this too soon? Should i be writing letters or any point? 140 euro is a lot of money these days and I want it back, I did after all appeal and win!

As I say any advice or words of wisdom would be much appreciated:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

You're a long way from the small's claim court yet. Three weeks probably isn't all that long really, six weeks might be more likely. No harm in phoning the clampers to find out when you can expect to receive your refund. If it doesn't arrive by then, start writing/calling until you get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Andre Salmon

It took me about 2 months to get my refund.
    That included a few phone calls asking them to hurry up and issue it.
    Probably your best bet is to ring

Advertisement