Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Problem with 08 Mondeo

Options
  • 15-04-2013 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a 1.8 diesel Mondeo (07 new model). I was away at the weekend and went to charge my phone but the cigarette lighter wasn't working so stopped at a petrol station and got some fuses. My phone was dead so i couldn't look up the manual to see which fuse to replace so i took a few out (and replaced them immediately) to see if i could see which had blown. Replaced the fuse and the charger started working. When i started the car after that the traction control light was on on the dash, my indicators were no longer working (hazards ok), my full beams weren't working, cruise control wasn't working and my wipers would only work on the top speed wipe and windscreen washer wasn't working.

I have checked the fuses again and they seem to be fine. Anyone any ideas what could have happened ?

Thanks

Pockets

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭pocketse

Anyone any ideas here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭keithsfleet

Possibly one of the relays. Their the black box fuses that sit on the fuse board.
    You're owners manual will say what each one does.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Your fuse box is a control module chances are its after storing a few fault codes that will need to be erased.

I take it you checked all plugs are tight on the fuse box ??

Advertisement