Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should the Central Bank issue a new James Joyce commemorative coin? Yes, I think so!

Options
  • 15-04-2013 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭

Should the Central Bank issue a new James Joyce commemorative coin? Yes, I think so!

The coin should have a more realistic image of Joyce.

Not a quote from Ulysses's, rather something that ordinary Irish people can relate too not just the intellectuals who can read the book at their first attempt.

A quote from "Dubliners" or "Portrait of An Artist"

I am not suggesting this for a new coin but use it if you like................................"Kneel out there in the middle of the class. You are one of the most idlest boys I ever met. Copy out your themes again the rest of you.". "Portrait of an Artist."........ Well at least the Central Bank should prove read the next quote at least twenty times!

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

Xenophile wrote: »
    ........ Well at least the Central Bank should prove read the next quote at least twenty times!

Quite.

Advertisement