Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long - But Worth the read

Options
  • 15-04-2013 6:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭

This isn't really a traditional AH type thread but thought i'd give it a go anyway. I'm sure a lot of us are having a crap day today, monday blues with meh weather. I stumbled across a very long piece written by a young 16 year old guy from Cork, who has been battling (and has beaten) cancer twice in his short life and has been told recently he has 6 aggressive tumours and there is no hope for him.

Whilst i wouldn't agree with some of his musings on suicide (at the bottom)or on God, this is just a kid trying to come terms with his impending death. I could barely change my socks at 16 let alone go through what he has and write so eloquently on his struggles.

Just thought it's well worth a read for anybody having a bad day today. All the best to the young man and his family.

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/donal-walsh-i-wanted-to-live-to-play-for-munster-to-travel-the-whole-world-29194810.html
    Some days I would wake up and I could easily appreciate the beauty of the world that I was leaving behind, although it does make me upset that I will never get to experience the feeling of living that I had on the bike or in the gym, or that I will never get to see my sister walk up the aisle next to the love of her life, or that I will never get to travel the world and see places like New Zealand, Asia or America or that I won't get the chance to see my four best friends do as good in life as I know they will.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement