Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clones

Options
  • 15-04-2013 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭

Not the place in Monaghan, but duplicates!

If you could clone a player 15 times to play in every position and he had to take on any other player cloned to play in every position who would win?

Basically I suppose the question is who is the best all around footballer at the moment. I always thought 15 of Marc Ó Sé would beat 15 of anyone else, any other contenders?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭EastTyrone

15 joe mc mahons imo, complete power house can put him anywere on a field and he'll play well from corner back as he showed in the 08 all ireland final to wing half forward or mid field !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,518 ✭✭✭blue note

15 Ken McGrath's against 15 Tommy Walsh's. They both have all stars in defence, midfield and attack. I'd say it would be an epic match.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

EastTyrone wrote: »
    15 joe mc mahons imo, complete power house can put him anywere on a field and he'll play well from corner back as he showed in the 08 all ireland final to wing half forward or mid field !

Would 15 Joes score off 15 Marcs though!?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

15 Francie Bellews would destroy any team.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭68Murph68

keane2097 wrote: »
    Not the place in Monaghan, but duplicates!

If you could clone a player 15 times to play in every position and he had to take on any other player cloned to play in every position who would win?

Basically I suppose the question is who is the best all around footballer at the moment. I always thought 15 of Marc Ó Sé would beat 15 of anyone else, any other contenders?

Personally I think 15 Tomas's would be a better bet.:D

If I could clone one player only once it would be Gooch.

I'd love to have him playing through balls into himself in the full-forward line.

His passing and vision is great out the field but when he is out the field you miss his clinical deadliness and finishing around the goal mouth.

Clone him and you 'd be sorted.:D

Edit: The big question is how the cloned 15 times individual would do in goals. Anyone know if any of the cloning candidates have any experience between the sticks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

15 Shane Currans.

/Thread

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 305 ✭✭Jimminy Mc Fukhead

68Murph68 wrote: »
    If I could clone one player only once it would be Gooch.

I'd love to have him playing through balls into himself in the full-forward line.

I think the two of them would be jealous of the other and resentment would turn to sabotaging each others game. Then there would be a dressing room bust up. They could also end up diving at the same time causing the ref some confusion.

I go for 15 x Jack O Se. If current players only then Tomas O Se.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

15 Sean Cavanaghs vs. 15 Declan O'Sullivans

They can both defend & attack with equal measure, cover huge amounts of ground and love to run the ball, both good point takers too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Sean Cavanagh and Tomas O'Se are teh 2 most complete footballers I have seen.

Ken McGrath and Brian Whelehan for hurling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

15 Graham Geraghty's. All star in defence and forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

Jack O'Shea football and Brian Whelahan hurling

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Darr3nG

15 Francie Bellews would destroy any team.

:eek: Nightmare! But, you'd really only need 1...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,718 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Brian Corcoran v Brian Corcoran.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Prodigious wrote: »
    15 Graham Geraghty's. All star in defence and forward.
    Thought the exact same thing on reading the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,791 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

One Peter Canavan against 15 of any other players.

Probably would only get beaten if Canavan got sent off........only by a point though!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Brian Corcoran v Brian Corcoran.

all stars and player of the year in defence and attack. a definite contender for the op's question.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

deccurley wrote: »
    15 Shane Currans.

/Thread

There would be an awful mess between them trying to decide who takes the frees and you'd need some sort of barricade around the kicker for penalties :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

15 of Stephen Cluxton... Pin point accuracy from all kicks and the defence would be pretty bullet-proof... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

DazMarz wrote: »
    15 of Stephen Cluxton... Pin point accuracy from all kicks and the defence would be pretty bullet-proof... :cool:

To be fair Clux grew up wishing he was the Cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Pa Cronin. We'd be a bit slow but we wouldn't take any **** tbf.

• Advertisement
Advertisement