Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heating issue

Options
  • 15-04-2013 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭

Had the Camper out over the weekend and when I turn on the heating the fan comes on and then after a few minutes we get heat. I have the dial set to 25 deg but after a few mins the heating goes off and does not come back on, however if i switch it off and back on we get the same again.

Any one know what would cause this, is it a sensor or something like that?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

m8 wrote: »
    Had the Camper out over the weekend and when I turn on the heating the fan comes on and then after a few minutes we get heat. I have the dial set to 25 deg but after a few mins the heating goes off and does not come back on, however if i switch it off and back on we get the same again.

Any one know what would cause this, is it a sensor or something like that?

Would help if you posted the make and model of your heater and controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭niloc1951

What gas are you using, Propane or Butane. In winter cold weather butane will stop gassing as the temperature drops. The faster you draw off the gas the lower the temp of the bottle will get, the gas stops gassing and the heater cuts off.

What indicator lights are showing on the heater controls, if the heater fails because of a lack of gas you should get a light indicating such.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Sounds like a blockage in the gas or a faulty room 'stat. Truma combo I assume?

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    Sounds like a blockage in the gas or a faulty room 'stat. Truma combo I assume?

Yes a it's a Truma combo. If i switch it off and back on it works so I was thinking a stat or sensor or something like that.

Yes a it's a Truma combo. If i switch it off and back on it works so I was thinking a stat or sensor or something like that.

Does it run on low setting, or is it as to ramp up to the higher setting it trips out? There are over temp stats built into the unit.

• Advertisement

No mater what setting I user it goes out after about 5 minutes, I only set the temp required ie 20deg or 25 deg and flick the switch.

No mater what setting I user it goes out after about 5 minutes, I only set the temp required ie 20deg or 25 deg and flick the switch.

Does it fail on water heating only, too?

Yes both water heating and blowair heating but both are done by the same unit.

Yes both water heating and blowair heating but both are done by the same unit.

I know that , that's why it's called a Combi. Sometimes they don't fail on water only. Rules out the room stat so. Either an over temp stat internally or PCB or gas delivery so.

Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    I know that , that's why it's called a Combi. Sometimes they don't fail on water only. Rules out the room stat so. Either an over temp stat internally or PCB or gas delivery so.

OK I will retest just to make sure if it does or not cos maybe I was just listening to the fan for the blower.

• Advertisement

Heating issue sorted, I purchased a new Cylinder of GAS and guess what all working now so it was GAS delivery as Aidan said ;).

Thanks all.

Advertisement