Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aqua Jogging/Running classes in Cork??

Options
  • 15-04-2013 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, I'm wondering if there is anywhere that does Aqua jogging classes in Cork. It's supposed to be great for people with injuries. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭fionn_mac

I think people just do it by themselves I've never come across aqua jogging classes

• Registered Users Posts: 2 swim2win

Aww that's disapointing, my friend does it in Limerick and she said it's a brilliant workout. You get special belts to keep you up in the deep end.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭YouWantWhat

swim2win wrote: »
    Aww that's disapointing, my friend does it in Limerick and she said it's a brilliant workout. You get special belts to keep you up in the deep end.

You could try Aura in Youghal (024 91614).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Hi, I'm wondering if there is anywhere that does Aqua jogging classes in Cork. It's supposed to be great for people with injuries. Thanks.

Hi there,

Perhaps someone in one of the Cork fora might be able to assist with local knowledge. I've not heard of one; but you are correct with aqua-aerobics assisting with injuries - certainly helped me anyway & I suffered severe trauma to both my legs and lower back. I didn't attend a course/class, but made my own plan and it assisted me no end; with finishing in the jacuzzi afterward just perfect! :)

The Cork City forum is here and the Cork County forum is here.

Hope that helps in some way,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

I'm having to drive to university of limerick to do rehab from disc injury , work in cork most days so would be interested to see if you found somewhere. Done it on my own but find it more effective as a group in ul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭seen2Bgreen

i read that they've been teaching aquajogging in UL for nearly 20 years. its amazing it hasnt caught on as much elsewhere. ive done a few of the classes and its a great session. running in the the deep water is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 brendanled

hey there is a deep water aqua class starting up in source health and fitness the Personal trainer there is a swim teacher and teaches aqua he put his own twist on it... he works with teams as well in the water..

Advertisement