Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sage 50

Options
  • 15-04-2013 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all
    I am doing some part time work for a friend and he has sage 50 for the accounts. I am more used to Tasbooks but have been finding my way around the system but have 2 queries that someone may be able to help with. I recently posted on 3 payments to suppliers. As all the invoices were not on the accounts I saved the payment as a payment on account. When I printed an aged list the payments are showing up as an owed amount. I have checked the account and the payment is there as a payment on account. What have I done wrong?
    Also can anyone tell me how to allocate a payment that was previously saved as a payment on account i.e. how do I call up the payment and then allocate it.
    thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Paddy001

Hi all
    I am doing some part time work for a friend and he has sage 50 for the accounts. I am more used to Tasbooks but have been finding my way around the system but have 2 queries that someone may be able to help with. I recently posted on 3 payments to suppliers. As all the invoices were not on the accounts I saved the payment as a payment on account. When I printed an aged list the payments are showing up as an owed amount. I have checked the account and the payment is there as a payment on account. What have I done wrong?
    Also can anyone tell me how to allocate a payment that was previously saved as a payment on account i.e. how do I call up the payment and then allocate it.
    thanks.

Hi

I would imagine the payments are showing up with a minus (-) in front of them which shows they are an overpayment or a payment on account or simply the payment is not allocated to an invoice as in your case. Is this showing under balance or where is it?

In relation to allocating the payment on account, just enter the supplier payment screen again and you will be able to do allocations on the right, so you can take the full payment on account amount and distribute it to the invoice(s).

Hope this clears things up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kildaremike

Paddy001 wrote: »
    Hi

I would imagine the payments are showing up with a minus (-) in front of them which shows they are an overpayment or a payment on account or simply the payment is not allocated to an invoice as in your case. Is this showing under balance or where is it?

In relation to allocating the payment on account, just enter the supplier payment screen again and you will be able to do allocations on the right, so you can take the full payment on account amount and distribute it to the invoice(s).

Hope this clears things up.

Thanks Paddy. No they are not showing up as a minus, that's what has me puzzled, yet if I go into the account they are showing as a "payment on account"

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Paddy001

Thanks Paddy. No they are not showing up as a minus, that's what has me puzzled, yet if I go into the account they are showing as a "payment on account"

Without seeing it, it's hard to tell. Are you using the aged supplier summary report? If you tick the box to exclude later payments, it should show a report at that date with nothing else. It should then show the balance, or a minus if you have overpaid or are missing an invoice. Also have a look at the aged supplier detailed report and it will show you all invoices and payments to arrive at that balance.

• Company Representative Posts: 12 Verified rep Sage: Lorna

Hi OP,

As this is not showing as a minus I am wondering if you might have ticked the 'automatic' button before hitting 'save' when you put the payment up on the account.

If you can run the aged debtors (the standard one), double click on the transaction that says 1000 is owing. Another screen will pop up with the full details. You might see your payment on account there, and if you do it means you put up the payment on account and allocated it to oldest invoice first (ticking the automatic button means the system will allocate for you against the oldest outstanding invoice).

Hopefully this helps

Lorna

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kildaremike

Hi OP,

As this is not showing as a minus I am wondering if you might have ticked the 'automatic' button before hitting 'save' when you put the payment up on the account.

If you can run the aged debtors (the standard one), double click on the transaction that says 1000 is owing. Another screen will pop up with the full details. You might see your payment on account there, and if you do it means you put up the payment on account and allocated it to oldest invoice first (ticking the automatic button means the system will allocate for you against the oldest outstanding invoice).

Hopefully this helps

Lorna
    Thanks Lorna, I will have a look at that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement